1. The solo on 04:45 is just OH MY GOD. Nobody can dislike it
  2. The riff is pretty cool
    I like the ''mmmmmm''
    The little snare break is awesome
    If I didn't know The Fly already, I would've loved the outro

The verses are ok the chorus is a bit weak

Could have been on ATYCLB
  3. Originally posted by yeah:Contender for the worst track on the album. A good guitar riff leads you to nothing when the rest of the song can't keep up with it. Awful high voice from Bono in the "chorus", terrible high voice from Bono mixed in here and there, bad lyrics.

First rating: 3/10

mmm, a bit harsh perhaps. Better than I go crazy if I don't go etc. It's still (only) rock 'n roll in the end (and I like it, yes I do!)
  4. I hear a little bit of Bullet the Blue Sky Popmart version. Anybody else? Also love the yelling by The Edge in the beggining.
  5. WHOLE LOTTA LOVE WHOLE LOTTA LOVE Jimmy Page and co i think
    Just relisten to it a rip off i think in parts
  6. Originally posted by jasvan:I hear a little bit of Bullet the Blue Sky Popmart version. Anybody else? Also love the yelling by The Edge in the beggining.

Yes! And Led Zeppelin of course. Cool song!
  7. This song is a lot of fun
  8. Not understanding the bashing of this one, i'm a big fan
  9. Probably my favorite behind Magnificent and Breathe. Lol people stop hating! i love the chorus and the RIFF. OMG. Finally some ROCK N' ROLL!

10. Not understanding that people have opinions? So why do you express yours?
    What I dislike the most about it is the lyrics: opening and closing with love love love is so cliché that it probably has never been done before, which you could argue makes it inventive, but then in a bad way. And there's that awful "I can stand up for hope, faith love "
    Still, lyrically it has some nice stuff, like this part:

Stand up to rock stars, Napolean is high heels
    Josephine, be careful of small men with big ideas

Gotta love that one. However the good lyrics don't make up for the bad ones, just as what's musically good about this track (awesome riff) doesn't make up for the bad things (repetitive, doesn't go anywhere). Oh well, maybe someday I'll learn to ignore the bad lyrics and just enjoy the riff, and I'll like it a bit more.
  11. Originally posted by RDB92:[..]

Not understanding that people have opinions? So why do you express yours?
    What I dislike the most about it is the lyrics: opening and closing with love love love is so cliché that it probably has never been done before, which you could argue makes it inventive, but then in a bad way. And there's that awful "I can stand up for hope, faith love "
    Still, lyrically it has some nice stuff, like this part:

Stand up to rock stars, Napolean is high heels
    Josephine, be careful of small men with big ideas

Gotta love that one. However the good lyrics don't make up for the bad ones, just as what's musically good about this track (awesome riff) doesn't make up for the bad things (repetitive, doesn't go anywhere). Oh well, maybe someday I'll learn to ignore the bad lyrics and just enjoy the riff, and I'll like it a bit more.

Didn't mean to come across as slating other people's opinions. My bad.. i like you absolutely love the riff, can't wait to see edge play it live
  12. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

Didn't mean to come across as slating other people's opinions. My bad.. i like you absolutely love the riff, can't wait to see edge play it live

Doesn't matter, everybody's excited right now about the new material, me too, just not about this one. And you're right this will be an absolute killer live, just for the guitar work.