1. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    As much as I'm all for Elevation and Vertigo being put away, they get the crowd going. SUC would have gotten a more tepid response from crowds than No Line did..I love No Line live, BTW- just based on observation. SUC suffers from mediocre lyrics and an underwhelming guitar hook
    I wouldn’t argue about the fact elevation and vertigo would get a better reaction live than SUC but I think when they’re touring that album it should have been given a chance at least. I think it would have worked fine live, not saying it would have been the standout of the show but I don’t think it would have been out of place particularly in the early 360 sets which promoted NLOTH more. They played scarlet a good few times later in the tour and gave your blue room a go (which I really like) but if they can play them then at least give a fairly upbeat song of the new album a chance as well. I still think elevation and vertigo are too heavily relied upon in general. It’s not even about playing rarities or anything just try something else, they deserved to be played every night on the tours of the album they were on and they probably deserve a run out on every tour just because they are ones that get the crowd going but look at say I will follow as an example, played every tour since it’s release but some tours it’s not a regular at every show. Elevation to be fair has been dropped a good few times at least (still not enough overall) they maybe got the balance right with that one on I&E it was just a pity it had to make the dvd again.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I wouldn’t argue about the fact elevation and vertigo would get a better reaction live than SUC but I think when they’re touring that album it should have been given a chance at least. I think it would have worked fine live, not saying it would have been the standout of the show but I don’t think it would have been out of place particularly in the early 360 sets which promoted NLOTH more. They played scarlet a good few times later in the tour and gave your blue room a go (which I really like) but if they can play them then at least give a fairly upbeat song of the new album a chance as well. I still think elevation and vertigo are too heavily relied upon in general. It’s not even about playing rarities or anything just try something else, they deserved to be played every night on the tours of the album they were on and they probably deserve a run out on every tour just because they are ones that get the crowd going but look at say I will follow as an example, played every tour since it’s release but some tours it’s not a regular at every show. Elevation to be fair has been dropped a good few times at least (still not enough overall) they maybe got the balance right with that one on I&E it was just a pity it had to make the dvd again.
    Elevation and Vertigo need to go. And yeah, it would have been interesting to at least hear SUC in a soundcheck or rehearsal.. then again Fez never got any love, either
  3. Elevation was good in 2000/2001 and it was more raw and any other later versions don't even come close to it. Vertigo is similar thing...
    SUC riff is really made for stadiums and would get crowd jumping. Not talking about lyrics (but c'mon Elevation and Vertigo are not high poetry either).
  4. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    I think Vertigo went very well with casual fans in 2005. I also think it would have gone over better with the Casual Fan than I'll Go Crazy did. I personally love this song, and thought it should have been either the first or second single from the album.
    Yeah but... We were talking about White As Snow lol
  5. SUC has some nice production with reverbs and such. However, it is missing that bite.