1. WAS - mmm.
  2. still not sure on this one, but more listens r needed, like it from 2 mins onwards so far.
  3. YES!!!!! had a few more listens now i like it more, all thats left for me to like is COL, if that eventually happens ill have an album which i love form start to finish and it will complete the trinity of jt ab and this, 3 albums i cant criticise at all.
  4. Love this song, it's so lovely.

5. It's already grown on me - yet another perfect album!

Beatles: White Album, Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road

Pink Floyd: Dark Side, maybe The Wall

Lou Reed: Transformer

Bowie: Ziggy Stardust

Oasis: 1 & 2? (but so badly played)

U2, JT, AB, NLOTH

They're up there! And look at the time span: 22 years. This is impressive.
  6. Hi all,

I'm actually not the type who likes to use my time on the 'little' things in life...like discussing a music album...and let alone even having to register for it...

That said, I guess I had to put out my disappointment somewhere, even about such 'little' things in life like U2's new compilation of 'inspirational' pieces...because they have always carried enough 'punch' in their albums to get my thoughts going.

Yes, I know that sometimes a song may not strike 'home' after the first play, but, like I said already, this time, after listening to the full album (yes, it's out there) the first couple of times, I did feel some heavy anchor sinking in me...some heavy disappointment that, aside maybe from 2 decent melodies, left me with the crude realization that I would have to wait 2 or 3 more years (at least) for the next try (next album?)...

Although it has always been mainly U2's lyrics that really trapped my attention, only lyrics would not have been enough to keep me waiting for their next album.
    Yes, it was that U2-sound which nicely accompanied those bottled-in 'messages'.

Now, this album may well have some 'catchy' lyrics in it (I still need to listen more carefullly to them), but, to be quite honest with myself, the average sound, the U2-SOUND, is just NOT there.
    Their style took a twist towards the current 'techno-speedy' sound.

I don't think U2 lost their inner touch of what their melodies should sound like, but rather that they decided to adjust to that of today's generation.
    They (U2's members) are also human of course, and they are going through THE AGE/PERIOD which most, if not all people, go through in life.

Yes, that +-50 MARK, which injects some fear...fear that it all might end a little 'too soon', because of 'losing' the vitality they once possessed, because even if nothing changes in oneself, we are afraid something may change in those who have us under the 'microscope' if our image becomes a bit 'blurrier'.

So, I'm almost certain that this is just a (expected/necessary?) stage in U2's path...and I also believe (very strongly) that their next album won't take as long as they normally take to come out...simply because I think that once they step over that breach/obstacle they will want to make it right...make it the way they FEEL they should make it...Allowing the sounds to come from within, instead of from without (those staring in the 'microscope').

Yes, I can wait a bit longer...but, like I said in the beginning, I only needed to put the disappointment out of my chest...
  7. Originally posted by victorace:Hi all,

I'm actually not the type who likes to use my time on the 'little' things in life...like discussing a music album...and let alone even having to register for it...

That said, I guess I had to put out my disappointment somewhere, even about such 'little' things in life like U2's new compilation of 'inspirational' pieces...because they have always carried enough 'punch' in their albums to get my thoughts going.

Yes, I know that sometimes a song may not strike 'home' after the first play, but, like I said already, this time, after listening to the full album (yes, it's out there) the first couple of times, I did feel some heavy anchor sinking in me...some heavy disappointment that, aside maybe from 2 decent melodies, left me with the crude realization that I would have to wait 2 or 3 more years (at least) for the next try (next album?)...

Although it has always been mainly U2's lyrics that really trapped my attention, only lyrics would not have been enough to keep me waiting for their next album.
    Yes, it was that U2-sound which nicely accompanied those bottled-in 'messages'.

Now, this album may well have some 'catchy' lyrics in it (I still need to listen more carefullly to them), but, to be quite honest with myself, the average sound, the U2-SOUND, is just NOT there.
    Their style took a twist towards the current 'techno-speedy' sound.

I don't think U2 lost their inner touch of what their melodies should sound like, but rather that they decided to adjust to that of today's generation.
    They (U2's members) are also human of course, and they are going through THE AGE/PERIOD which most, if not all people, go through in life.

Yes, that +-50 MARK, which injects some fear...fear that it all might end a little 'too soon', because of 'losing' the vitality they once possessed, because even if nothing changes in oneself, we are afraid something may change in those who have us under the 'microscope' if our image becomes a bit 'blurrier'.

So, I'm almost certain that this is just a (expected/necessary?) stage in U2's path...and I also believe (very strongly) that their next album won't take as long as they normally take to come out...simply because I think that once they step over that breach/obstacle they will want to make it right...make it the way they FEEL they should make it...Allowing the sounds to come from within, instead of from without (those staring in the 'microscope').

Yes, I can wait a bit longer...but, like I said in the beginning, I only needed to put the disappointment out of my chest...

Honest stuff and I somehow agree with you in parts. No Line doesn't represent the U2 we all know from their impressive career. It's something different but good imo. I still need time to get used to it though.

And a possible LP is coming this very year, if we may believe good ol' Bono.
  8. is he singing about holland ....
    no mountains ...the land was flat ....
    just kidding
    what a beauty of a song .....
  9. I love how this song builds up, I just listened to it while cycling through the snow, perfect

10. Agree with the love of the build up, I kind of missed that the first time through. Love it now, still probably not one of my favorites, but that's only for the quality of the other tracks

11. Yes the building up is perfect !

The beginning is soo beautiful.... Almost make me cry