1. I love the Eno intro as well, it's so minimalistic and yet so hauntingly beautiful.

I think to get the most out of this song, you definitely need to have the lyrics on hand.
  2. Originally posted by vanquish:I love the Eno intro as well, it's so minimalistic and yet so hauntingly beautiful.

I think to get the most out of this song, you definitely need to have the lyrics on hand.
    The intro is just so-so for me. Nothing special, nothing bad for it. Just simple, skippable in my opinion.

What about having the lyrics with the guitar chords written above them, and playing+singing the song to your girlfriend? It works, believe me
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]The intro is just so-so for me. Nothing special, nothing bad for it. Just simple, skippable in my opinion.

What about having the lyrics with the guitar chords written above them, and playing+singing the song to your girlfriend? It works, believe me

Actually you got me excited, I like it, probably don't love it. It's think it adds an interesting dimension to the song though.
  4. Originally posted by vanquish:Actually you got me excited, I like it, probably don't love it. It's think it adds an interesting dimension to the song though.
    It does indeed. In fact eveery song (from every artist, not just U2) have different meanings and feelings if you listen to them on an isolated barley field, if you play it to a friend or if you listen to it in a concert. That's exactly what makes music so great
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]It does indeed. In fact eveery song (from every artist, not just U2) have different meanings and feelings if you listen to them on an isolated barley field, if you play it to a friend or if you listen to it in a concert. That's exactly what makes music so great

I was talking about the intro, it isn't that amazing by itself, I got a bit carried away.

I like evaluating all songs in isolation, so I can compare them to each other.

Because while listening the external environment and influences can make a ok song sound better than it is (or vice versa). for eg. If you're in a U2 concert, you'll like whatever the band will play (even if it's Elevation or Pride) because you get caught up in the atmosphere etc.

6. Add White as Snow to the set, one of the better songs on the album in my opinion after 7 months. I love it
  7. Originally posted by Doc32:Add White as Snow to the set, one of the better songs on the album in my opinion after 7 months. I love it

no dude, its not a live song me thinks. They could try to play it thou... at least a snippet
  8. Originally posted by Doc32:Add White as Snow to the set, one of the better songs on the album in my opinion after 7 months. I love it

Also like it and it was on a nomination list to be played in Dublin. Willie Williams proposal was New Years Day / October / White As Snow if I remember it right. Would like to hear that.
  9. Originally posted by Doc32:Add White as Snow to the set, one of the better songs on the album in my opinion after 7 months. I love it

Would be an excellent choice for the acoustic song in the middle of the set.......
  10. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

Also like it and it was on a nomination list to be played in Dublin. Willie Williams proposal was New Years Day / October / White As Snow if I remember it right. Would like to hear that.

Whats this about a nomination list? Do you have the whole list??

11. It can't kill the mood any more than the band playing your blue room half prerecorded
  12. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

I would love to hear October again o so much....goes back to what we were saying earlier about them needing a reason to bring back great songs sadly.

NYD has to be after October though methinks