1. Originally posted by dougman23:To me, No Line was more like a soundtrack to a movie. Very sound landscap-y. I can listen to it when I need to concentrate elsewhere and it washes over me. The Unforgettable Fire, outside the hits, does that. Atomic Bomb was, to me, an uneven album, but I love Yahweh and even Vertigo, and City of Blinding Lights was good the first 100 times.

I really think SOI was the best pure release in the "2nd era" of U2 for songs. I do not hate Leave Behind like so many...I think it is good to great for 2/3rds. But outside a song or two, the songs aren't all timers for me (I really like Kite and In a Little While). SOI brought more songs that, if released in a different era, would have resonated. Cedarwood, Joey Ramone, Every Breaking Wave...
    Agree with pretty much all of this, except that I'm still figuring out in my own rankings whether SOI or NLOTH will rise to the top. Listening to songs like Cedars (to bring it back to the topic) has made me revisit the whole No Line album again, and there is some fantastic soundscapes to be found. I only wish - as other posters have mentioned - that songs like Winter and Soon would have wound up on there.
  2. Nice sampled intro from Harold Budd/Brian Eno.
  3. This song would be a cool interlude during a show
  4. #u2isnothiphop #originalmusicrulz
  5. This sample

6. Ha! Never knew about this one either. That's rad.
  7. My sympathy for the people of Lebanon. What an explosion
  8. Apparently there was 2700 tons of Nitrate in a this Warehouse in the harbour, close to a fireworks factory where the first explosions happened..