Originally posted by jcvertigo06:[..]
Thank you so much!!!!
Its on the videopage now
Originally posted by Risto:[..]
I'll keep my eyes open but I can't find this one using my common sources.
Originally posted by guam:THIS is a L O N G shot...does any1
have the ultra rare show of U2 when they
were in Hawaii in 1983?
April 24, 1997
Sam Boyd Stadium
Las Vegas Nevada
Popmart Tour Rehearsals
Source: First Generation Cassette -> Line-In Tape to Wav Conversion with Sound Forge 5.0 -> mkwACT (0.97beta) -> SHN
DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3
****START CD 1*****
-----Tape 1 Side 1:
01. Discotheque Warm Up
03. If You Wear That Velvet Dress (w/ direct seque into
04. With Or Without You (w/ different lyrics and much slower tempo)
05. Staring at the Sun (False start)
06. Staring at the Sun (Restart - Partial and then fade out)
07. Do You Feel Loved (Fade in from start)
08. Pride (Honking in approval)
09. Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Honking in approval)
10. Popmart Sound Tests
11. Last Night On Earth (Honking in approval)
12. Gone (Partial and fade out at end of side 1)
-----Tape 1 Side 2:
13. Until the End of the World (Faint vocals w/ direct seque into
14. If God Will Send His Angels (Attempt aborted)
15. If God Will Send his Angels (Retry)
16. Staring at the Sun
17. Daydream Believer
19. Bullet the Blue Sky (w/ Thank You Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Agin and "So Alone")
20. Car Starts
21. Please (w/Sunday Bloody Sunday drums and guitar at end)
*****END CD 1*****
*****START CD 2*****
01. Where the Streets Have No Name (Intro only and fade out as side 2 ends)
-----Tape 2 Side 1:
02. Mofo (Fade in - cut beginning)
03. I Will Follow (w/ skat lyrics improvised by Bono)
04. Even Better Than the Real Thing
05. Do You Feel Loved (w/ different intro)
06. Popmart Sounds
07. Last Night On Earth
08. Gone (w/ alternate lyrics)
09. Until the End of the World (w/ direct seque into
10. If God Will Send His Angels
11. Staring at the Sun (False start)
12. Staring at the Sun (Retry)
14. Bullet the Blue Sky (Intro only and fade out as side 1 ends)
-----Tape 2 Side 2:
15. Please w/ Sunday Bloody Sunday drums and guitar intro
17. Discotheque (Cut beginning)
18. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
19. If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Retry)
20. Discotheque Warm Up
22. If You Wear That Velvet Dress (False Start)
23. If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Retry w/ direct seque into
24. With or Without You (w/ slower tempo and cut ending as side 2 ends)
*****END CD 2******
Notes from me about editing: I used Cool Edit Pro to reduce tape hiss and manually track split from cassette wav copy. The fades as noted in the track listing were not on the original cassette, they were abrupt starts and stops with the recorder.
I also removed some portions of silence (or background noise without performance), as well as a take of If You Wear That Velvet Dress that was so drowned out through most of the performance by wind, that it wasn't worth keeping.
This worked out in the end however, as the two CDs clock in at just under 160 mins (CD 1 is 79:13 and CD 2 is 79:23).
Notes from me about performance: Some of these tracks are really great versions, especially Discotheque and With or Without You.
It's interesting to hear some of the ideas that U2 were thinking about while rehearsing. Some really good stuff, well worth the listen.
Notes from me about sound quality: For being outside the stadium with all the wind and all the cars and all the people, this tape came out exceptionally well.
There are times when the wind partially overtakes the music, but it's only occasionally, and doesn't significantly detract from an enjoyable listen. The background noise from people talking and cars going by can only really be heard during lulls in the rehearsals.
I would say it's comparable to the Hersey Tapes in terms of sound quality.
Originally posted by u2lemonman:When U2 3 nights live was done in March I was wondering did anyone record the first 2 nights,as all I have ever see is the 3rd night fron the Sommerville theater.
I hope someone can help.