1. Originally posted by achtungpop:among me the 2 ald version are different recordings, and not one is a clean of the other . but I could be wrong . by the same taper ? maybe, with different interferences. so that a "mix" of them both render a perfect ald recording ( on the best source we can read that only "UTEOTW" and "Discothèque" have statics, and on the other version those 2 tracks are ok , but lots of other have statics .
    I'm surprised not to have kept the lossless version of the cleanest of them because it's my favorite Elevation too ( just for 11 o'clock and Out of control, fabulous) . But if you just replace Until and Discothèque of this last mp3 version by the "out of control in chicago" version, I think it's totally clean ald .
    So you think they're different recordings? To be honest I only listened to the beegining of UTEOTW and half of Discothèque and it was enough for me to realize the "new" source sounded better than the other one, but I might be wrong.

I think I'll leave it like this for now since the Birdman matrix is the best sounding source anyway
  2. for my taste to add audience sound on such a perfect ald is heresy lol
  3. haha yeah I know you're a fan of super clean recordings.

The band fucks up half of the songs anyway so it's not a big deal
  4. hehe
    when is the next "to rate" bootleg ? wit ha perfect sound if possible ?
  5. Haha we're waiting on @mattg and @germcevoy who are running this edition of the bootleg round table
  6. Tulsa 2018 - Nothing released publicly other than the single song (Wild Horses) I mixed up a few years ago. Only hold up on release is the fact it needs to be mixed, and not high on my priorities list. Or if somebody else can competently mix it.

Brisbane 2019 - I believe there was two tapers there. One talked a big game but I don't think he walked out with anything useful. Another taper had some static and handed it off to somebody to clean up, but no idea on the progress of it.

Manila 2019 - Only taper I know that was there with IEM gear didn't get it through security, so would be interested if anybody else got something tasty.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    So you think they're different recordings? To be honest I only listened to the beegining of UTEOTW and half of Discothèque and it was enough for me to realize the "new" source sounded better than the other one, but I might be wrong.

I think I'll leave it like this for now since the Birdman matrix is the best sounding source anyway
    From my memory, there are two independently recorded ALD recordings. The first was Louis Choi, which was released during the tour. The other was released a few years after if I recall.

Might even be a 3rd one, I'd have to check.

The Chicago 2001 run was pretty well covered with ALDs and IEMs if I recall.
  8. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    From my memory, there are two independently recorded ALD recordings. The first was Louis Choi, which was released during the tour. The other was released a few years after if I recall.

Might even be a 3rd one, I'd have to check.

The Chicago 2001 run was pretty well covered with ALDs and IEMs if I recall.
    Yeah I think the L.C. recording is the one we've had for years. If you could listen to the samples and compare them with what you have it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

That Chicago week was something else in terms of tapers and also setlist variation.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah I think the L.C. recording is the one we've had for years. If you could listen to the samples and compare them with what you have it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

That Chicago week was something else in terms of tapers and also setlist variation.
    I've uploaded samples of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock to the remaining recordings now, and listened to all of them. For once I'm gonna say I prefer the Colors That You Bring cold ALD to the Birdman ALD+AUD matrix. No idea about interferences, static bursts or freq dropouts, but at least for 11OTT the Colors source is a clear winner imho.
  10. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Tulsa 2018 - Nothing released publicly other than the single song (Wild Horses) I mixed up a few years ago. Only hold up on release is the fact it needs to be mixed, and not high on my priorities list. Or if somebody else can competently mix it.

Brisbane 2019 - I believe there was two tapers there. One talked a big game but I don't think he walked out with anything useful. Another taper had some static and handed it off to somebody to clean up, but no idea on the progress of it.

Manila 2019 - Only taper I know that was there with IEM gear didn't get it through security, so would be interested if anybody else got something tasty.
    Thanks for the update.
  11. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Tulsa 2018 - Nothing released publicly other than the single song (Wild Horses) I mixed up a few years ago. Only hold up on release is the fact it needs to be mixed, and not high on my priorities list. Or if somebody else can competently mix it.

Unfortunate I had the static on the Brisbane recording.
    There are a few track without static, think i have to wait on iZotope RX 27.
  12. I think Izotope RX27 will basically be Data from Star Trek.