1. Boooo @ Baby Driver losing out.
    YES @ Gary Oldman

2. YES!... although there were those who tried to steal his joy because he had an alleged domestic encounter a decade ago...

I didn't see Phantom Thread, I'm sure Daniel Day Lewis was awesome as always, but after I saw Darkest Hour, I told my wife that if Oldman didn't win for that, it would be a travesty! I think GO and DDL are the 2 greatest of our generation!
  3. Hey everyone.

I wanted to let you know that I will not be covering this year's Academy Awards telecast tomorrow or conceivable future telecasts.

I'm doing this for two reasons.

Firstly, this year's award season has been painful to watch. We have gotten to a place within the general media sphere that the politico matters more than objective quality. Although it's been this way already, it's worse now than it ever was and this year it really struck a nerve with me in regards to how "Green Book" has been treated. It breaks my heart.

Secondly, I've been doing this for 12 consecutive award ceremonies on three different internet forums. With each time, I find myself feeling more and more like it's an obligation on my part rather than something fun I did during the 2005 awards. You should have passion for these things and right now I don't have it. It would ring false if I just pretended that I didn't have this problem, so I'd rather be honest and voluntarily walk away.

Thank you all for letting me do this for as long as I have. I'm thankful.
  4. The end of an era.
  5. Originally posted by ReclinerMan:Hey everyone.

I wanted to let you know that I will not be covering this year's Academy Awards telecast tomorrow or conceivable future telecasts.

I'm doing this for two reasons.

Firstly, this year's award season has been painful to watch. We have gotten to a place within the general media sphere that the politico matters more than objective quality. Although it's been this way already, it's worse now than it ever was and this year it really struck a nerve with me in regards to how "Green Book" has been treated. It breaks my heart.

Secondly, I've been doing this for 12 consecutive award ceremonies on three different internet forums. With each time, I find myself feeling more and more like it's an obligation on my part rather than something fun I did during the 2005 awards. You should have passion for these things and right now I don't have it. It would ring false if I just pretended that I didn't have this problem, so I'd rather be honest and voluntarily walk away.

Thank you all for letting me do this for as long as I have. I'm thankful.
    I don't know how Green Book has been treated but it unexpectedly won Best Picture last night

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/24/697170356/oscars-2019-the-winners?t=1551090178501