1. I've also known folks who put IEM receivers and set it on the ground. One person said "I've seen you people record from across a parking lot, the ground is fine."

It was not.
  2. Originally posted by one8ung:[..]
    My recording was f...ed because of a sing along on "Every Breaking Wave" and talking thru "Volcano" and was patched with this recording by BigGiRL.
    Ah...those good old patching days...

(And, yes, I felt sorry for the kicked-atound recorder too... )
  3. Should have replaced the section where it gets kicked and moved with some yakety sax music!

4. I gotta think that the security guard was like "here's my address; gimme a copy when you're done"
  5. I know Daspyknows has did a write-up of that run, and it wasn't as easy as that.
  6. Is it the one about a fake-disability performance?
  7. I don't remember--I'll see if I can dig it out.

But I'll make my point for the 92,489th time...more people should get some taping gear and bring it in to shows.
  8. If I ever go to a stadium concert one day, Im planning on using a Zoom H1N. Is using the mics that come with it fine or is getting a separate one better?

9. Thinking of using a Rode smartLav+. This image perfectly describes the setup. Its pretty portable too.
  10. Much better to use external mics.

That SmartLav+ looks like a single mic cap. Mono. Don't advise.

Sound Pro mics or the Church Audio mics are good starter set. Get you started for ~$300 USD.
  11. Originally posted by hoserama:Much better to use external mics.

That SmartLav+ looks like a single mic cap. Mono. Don't advise.

Sound Pro mics or the Church Audio mics are good starter set. Get you started for ~$300 USD.
    Thanks for the tip. Stereo is the better way to go defidently!

12. I'm trying not spend to much, but I was able to find a omnidirectional stereo clip on mic from Sony for 35. The price is a bit low but it seems pretty good review wise.