1. Originally posted by UnderARedSky:[image]
    I'm trying not spend to much, but I was able to find a omnidirectional stereo clip on mic from Sony for 35. The price is a bit low but it seems pretty good review wise.
    Reviews from tapers?

2. I second hoserama's advice to start off with Church Audio or Sound Pro mics.

Great information can be found at Taperssection dot com, as well as used gear for sale.
  3. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Those AT mics look pretty good price and quality. That brings up one more question, getting into the venue. I’m really afraid that I would get caught.
  4. Get some gear first and I'll give you some sneaking tips. It can be done consistently.
  5. Originally posted by UnderARedSky:Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Those AT mics look pretty good price and quality. That brings up one more question, getting into the venue. I’m really afraid that I would get caught.
    I have been using Church mics for several years now. Nearly every time I use them, I regret not having invested in better mics...

You will only get caught if you believe you are going to be caught!
  6. Unfortunately, they are all sold out. Right now I think Im going for the Zoom H1n with the SP-CMC-26 mics.
  7. I need to make an account
  8. I'm going to change the topic and ask for some feedback. I was at livemetallica.com and l noticed that they had early, 1982 ish recordings available.

I was wondering if the band would be legally entitled to sell their own recordings that fans had either taped or distributed under a phony label. Obviously a show they recorded they could sell no problem but what about some Italian bootleg that was bought at the black market. Could they then restore and sell that? Curious.
  9. I don't think any bootleg label could ever claim they had a copywrite, even with the Italian loophole in early 90s.

The Springsteen live releases have occasonially used bootlegs to patch things here and there, and there's been no issues.