1. I'll dissent and say I prefer the 360 (and JT2017, to a lesser extent) versions over Zoo TV. I do love Bono's Zoo TV falsetto, but his "ooohhhs" during the chorus of UV don't really add to the song for me. And although Edge's guitar part on the bridge is cool...

...it's not as cool as his slide playing on 360 versions. I like how he switches it up to that particular riff halfway through the second verse, too, and how Bono jumps the octave in his singing. And that outro power chord riffing is much more of a gut punch than the Zoo TV vesion, too.

I'd say overall Zoo TV versions are more fragile sounding, while 360/JT2017 are more powerful and intense. I'll never forget seeing UV at my first show on 360, opening the encore with Bono in his laser suit. Still might be the highlight of any show for me since.
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:I'll dissent and say I prefer the 360 (and JT2017, to a lesser extent) versions over Zoo TV. I do love Bono's Zoo TV falsetto, but his "ooohhhs" during the chorus of UV don't really add to the song for me. And although Edge's guitar part on the bridge is cool...

...it's not as cool as his slide playing on 360 versions. I like how he switches it up to that particular riff halfway through the second verse, too, and how Bono jumps the octave in his singing. And that outro power chord riffing is much more of a gut punch than the Zoo TV vesion, too.

I'd say overall Zoo TV versions are more fragile sounding, while 360/JT2017 are more powerful and intense. I'll never forget seeing UV at my first show on 360, opening the encore with Bono in his laser suit. Still might be the highlight of any show for me since.
    I'll dissent also and agree with you!
    I love the powerful 360 version with the laser suit, absolutely fantastic.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Agreed.

Further, it can't be any version post ZooTV for me because of how Edge's guitar parts changed. Not a fan of the little changes he made. Also, that the chorus of the song is a give and take thing for me, and 360-onward when Bono doesn't do his falsetto "oooooohs" with Edge singing "ultraviolet", it's a bit lame. That's what makes it such a killer chorus.
    100/ agree the chorus and guitar part is just brilliant Zoo TV
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:I'll dissent and say I prefer the 360 (and JT2017, to a lesser extent) versions over Zoo TV. I do love Bono's Zoo TV falsetto, but his "ooohhhs" during the chorus of UV don't really add to the song for me. And although Edge's guitar part on the bridge is cool...

You added the part of my previous post I forgot to add ‘(and JT2017 to a lesser extent)’ as well as explaining my view in better detail. It would have been great mind you if the best of zoo tv and 360 versions of ultraviolet combined. I’m thinking of the ooh’s Of bono in particular.
  5. Still love this version ❤️

6. awesome
  7. Comments on another version of this video on YT speculate DC or Yankee Stadium, but I don't know
  8. To me the 2009-07-07 - Milan version is the best ever, one of Bonos best performance ever, power and passion is superb.
    Thhe sound quality on the torrent on this show does more justice than this video though....
  9. YES I agree Milano 2009 ...Maybe one day an IEM recording will surface!
  10. Milan 92 forever and ever. I’ll take Barcelona 360 though. More raw than Milan a few days later. God bless the 2009 resurrection. I will never be ungrateful.
  11. It’s my fav U2 song & im so sad I never got to hear it live. I’d be surprised if they ever played it again.