1. I heard there will be a full chapter by the edge begging for forgiveness over his on-stage methods and techniques.
  2. ... the burn
  3. Originally posted by Release3:Haven't read U2 by U2 in a very, very long time so I decided to pick it up again. After seeing them live a couple weeks ago and with the whole innocence and experience theme throughout it, I felt like it was an appropriate read. It's so awesome reading about Bono talking about Cedarwood Road and them playing at the Crystal Ballroom. Songs of Innocence is becoming an even cooler album as I go back and read. Plus, pre-Boy up to War has been playing non-stop in my place! Plus a little treat I found, here's the show they played right before they signed their first record deal with Island.

[YouTube Video]

*ten-thumbs post!
  4. Chapter 576 - The Awakening

"Well, truth time. It was way back in 2015. Everything was fine, but Invisible was just missing something. During the solo the sound wasn't as heavy as the record. With Bono's injury it was impossible for a guitar to be played behind me. So, I decided to record the solo so we can play it on the PA while I play the chords to give it a bit more umf. There was one video. One video. And some asshole on U2start found it and basically ruined our career. Thanks Release3 you idiot."
  5. Originally posted by Release3:Haven't read U2 by U2 in a very, very long time so I decided to pick it up again. After seeing them live a couple weeks ago and with the whole innocence and experience theme throughout it, I felt like it was an appropriate read. It's so awesome reading about Bono talking about Cedarwood Road and them playing at the Crystal Ballroom. Songs of Innocence is becoming an even cooler album as I go back and read. Plus, pre-Boy up to War has been playing non-stop in my place! Plus a little treat I found, here's the show they played right before they signed their first record deal with Island.

[YouTube Video]
    Edge's vocals on Silver Lining are brutal, I can't believe they were signed that night ..........

Just kidding. U2byU2 is an amazing read, and it's also the only biography I know written by the four (five if we count McGuinn€$$) subjects, which is an amazing thing. I still amaze myself at the fact that these guys have been friends and playing together for almost 40 year now without hiatus or change in line-up. 40 years! Can't get over it. My God they're just awesome ♥
  6. Originally posted by Release3:[..]
    Chapter 576 - The Awakening

"Well, truth time. It was way back in 2015. Everything was fine, but Invisible was just missing something. During the solo the sound wasn't as heavy as the record. With Bono's injury it was impossible for a guitar to be played behind me. So, I decided to record the solo so we can play it on the PA while I play the chords to give it a bit more umf. There was one video. One video. And some asshole on U2start found it and basically ruined our career. Thanks Release3 you idiot."
    post of the year, have all the awards!
  7. Originally posted by Release3:[..]

hence the title of the chapter! (the tentative working title, not the awakening)
  8. Originally posted by Release3:[..]

hahahahahahha legendary
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Edge's vocals on Silver Lining are brutal, I can't believe they were signed that night ..........

Just kidding. U2byU2 is an amazing read, and it's also the only biography I know written by the four (five if we count McGuinn€$$) subjects, which is an amazing thing. I still amaze myself at the fact that these guys have been friends and playing together for almost 40 year now without hiatus or change in line-up. 40 years! Can't get over it. My God they're just awesome ♥
    It's incredible! I forgot Adam and Edge were friends like 2 years before the band even started. Then Adam moved away then regrouped at Mount Temple.
  10. Originally posted by Release3:Haven't read U2 by U2 in a very, very long time so I decided to pick it up again. After seeing them live a couple weeks ago and with the whole innocence and experience theme throughout it, I felt like it was an appropriate read. It's so awesome reading about Bono talking about Cedarwood Road and them playing at the Crystal Ballroom. Songs of Innocence is becoming an even cooler album as I go back and read. Plus, pre-Boy up to War has been playing non-stop in my place! Plus a little treat I found, here's the show they played right before they signed their first record deal with Island.

[YouTube Video]

I just listened to the National Stadium (btw what a funny name for a 2.000 people venue, many fans must still think it's something like Croke Park!) gig again thanks to your post... Amazing early versions of Another Time, Another Place and Shadows And Tall Trees, A Day Without Me ("skin and bones" intro) and, of course, Out Of Control... "After tonight, things will never be the same for us in this city" - how right you were, Bono.