1. Is there anywhere else we can download KoL bootlegs from?
  2. No love for the Kings?
  3. Where are they at? Loved the first two albums, most of the third. Saw them live in 2008 and it was one of the least memorable gigs I have ever been to (despite the band being technically excellent). Haven’t given them a moments notice ever since.
  4. I need to listen to their new album.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:Where are they at? Loved the first two albums, most of the third. Saw them live in 2008 and it was one of the least memorable gigs I have ever been to (despite the band being technically excellent). Haven’t given them a moments notice ever since.
    I agree with the live show aspect. Nothing wrong particularly. The performances are spot on, calebs vocals are awesome. Just not too much energy coming from the stage. I guess I’m in the minority when it comes to their discography. First album is my least favorite while Come around is my favorite with BEcause of the times a close second. I’m really enjoying the new album but could almost guarantee you will hate it.
  6. If you enjoyed WALLS you’ll
    Enjoy this one. It takes that sound a little further. Jared’s baselines OWN the album imo.
  7. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    I agree with the live show aspect. Nothing wrong particularly. The performances are spot on, calebs vocals are awesome. Just not too much energy coming from the stage. I guess I’m in the minority when it comes to their discography. First album is my least favorite while Come around is my favorite with BEcause of the times a close second. I’m really enjoying the new album but could almost guarantee you will hate it.
    The bassist stood with his back to the crowd for about six songs. Just faced his amp stack. Quite funny. But you just got the impression that they couldn’t name which city they were in each night. Just rock up, gig then move on. Which is fine but not particularly engaging. Throw in a flat crowd who were just waiting all night for Use Somebody and Sex on Fire and it just wasn’t my type of night.
  8. I was first introduced to KOL when I heard they were going to open for U2 in 2005. I bought "Aha Shake Heartbreak" and enjoyed it. But then I saw them play live opening for U2 and I was not impressed. I kind of ignored them for awhile after that until "Sex on Fire" and "Use Somebody" catapulted them into the mainstream. I went on a deep dive after that and became a big fan. Come Around Sundown is my favorite of theirs, followed by Because of the Times. I've seen them live 3 times, and I really enjoy them. I kind of like the way they let the music do the talking, even though I think Caleb could be a little less surly as a frontman.

So imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and realized that I totally forgot that the new album was released yesterday! I got busy with work, and then family obligations afterwards, and not once did KOL cross my mind!
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    The bassist should with his back to the crowd for about six songs. Just faced his amp stack. Quite funny. But you just got the impression that they couldn’t name which city they were in each night. Just rock up, gig then move on. Which is fine but not particularly engaging. Throw in a flat crowd who were just waiting all night for Use Somebody and Sex on Fire and it just wasn’t my type of night.
    Perfectly sums up their live show. Caleb isn’t the embodiment of a front man for sure. Excellent songwriter and singer , but not the typical frontman.