1. POP is a special album for me, I know it is not the best 'u2' album. But it is one of my favorites. There are many songs which have defined 'u2' for me. Songs like Please, If God Will Send His Angels, Gone, Discotheque are signature songs in my eyes.

Their style may have been different than other albums, but they all tell the same message for me

The best version of 'God's Angels' is on the City Of Angels OST in my opinion
  2. Nice song, one of the better of the POP album.
  3. I love this song. Especally realate to the "where is the hope, where is the faith, and the LOVE"! So much emotion into those lyrics.
  4. Originally posted by Maclove:Anyone just love this song? It's definitely on my top U2 songs, it's so beautiful, what do you think?

Share my experience: Anyone of you just felt inspired or maybe very touched when Bono sang the lines: "So Where is the hope? And where is the faith? And the love...." It is so well written, sang and awesome guitar part by The Edge

Is it an overrated song for you?

This particular track overrated: most definitely not.

The entire album overrated: maybe....I guess it's just me.
  5. I think it's a great song, although I never understood the "Country-hip-hop" statement
  6. To all of you who obviously have the single version: Did you get it from buying the single itself, or from some other source, such as a compilation album or similar?
  7. Originally posted by carlibengarli:To all of you who obviously have the single version: Did you get it from buying the single itself, or from some other source, such as a compilation album or similar?

Getting the single itself. eBay is cheap enough - and it's widely available too with some great B-sides.

8. Haha, you know we're in a VERY closed U2 circle when we're discussing whether or not POP is overrated.

Not that that's news or anything, but you couldn't hear that comment anywhere else (except maybe Interference).
  9. Originally posted by carlibengarli:To all of you who obviously have the single version: Did you get it from buying the single itself, or from some other source, such as a compilation album or similar?

Maybe you can check U2mp3s.com... they have loads of these stuff in lossless. Very good site.
  10. Originally posted by carlibengarli:To all of you who obviously have the single version: Did you get it from buying the single itself, or from some other source, such as a compilation album or similar?

It's also on the City of Angels movie soundtrack (1998), which you can probably get on ebay fairly cheap.
  11. It is just an ordinary song recycle from their classics With Or Without You