1. What a song!
  2. Heck yeah! I was just singing this (randomly popped into my head) the other day.
    I've not listened to this in a long, long time - to the point where I can't remember the differences between the single and not single.
    Time to dig out Pop and the singles!!
  3. Just discovered this killers cover- not bad!

I actually prefer the arrangement
  4. Love the song. My fave off of Pop.
  5. Imagine if they played this again. Properly this time.

I'd probably die.
  6. Such a forgotten gem!
  7. Honestly I'm kind of surprised Bono didn't want to dust it off during the last couple tours. The lyrics are all-too-relevant to the current political climate.

It's the blind leading the blond
    It's the cops collecting for the cons
    So where is the hope and where is the faith
    And the love...what's that you say to me
    Does love...light up your Christmas Tree
    The next minute you're blowing a fuse
    And the cartoon network turns into the news

Rearrange blond and blind in that first line and it hits home even more

Such a fucking good song, along with pretty much everything else on Pop. It's their third masterpiece IMO after Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Honestly I'm kind of surprised Bono didn't want to dust it off during the last couple tours. The lyrics are all-too-relevant to the current political climate.

It's the blind leading the blond
    It's the cops collecting for the cons
    So where is the hope and where is the faith
    And the love...what's that you say to me
    Does love...light up your Christmas Tree
    The next minute you're blowing a fuse
    And the cartoon network turns into the news

Rearrange blond and blind in that first line and it hits home even more

Such a fucking good song, along with pretty much everything else on Pop. It's their third masterpiece IMO after Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree.
    Hahahaha, lol I was about to comment about the blond<>blind switch and then I got to yout second paragraph Great minds think alike.

SO IN AGREEMENT with your final statement as well. It's a criminally forgotten album
  9. Unfortunately the band didn't have enough time to nail the live arrangement for this song prior to Popmart (clearly, as the Las Vegas version is one of the roughest live arrangements I've ever heard). Then Popmart kind of took on a life of it's own as it progressed, and eventually they were just happy with the show and left it alone.

Post Popmart, with the success of ATYCLB and Elevation, and then further with HTDAAB, they have actively distanced themselves from the album as a whole, viewing it as a blemish on their career. It's kinda sad... If you read some of the literature from the time period, they REALLY believed in IGWSHA during the Zooropa recording sessions.