1. I saw it happen with Depeche Mode some years ago, they were in the middle of I Feel You and the PA just went off. They kept playing like they didn't notice and finished the song.

We were mad at the moment, but in retrospect it was hilarious seeing them playing and only hearing an ocassional cymbal in the maddening silence. It was like real life was muted
  2. Walk On in New York 2001-10-27 is one of the highlights of their entire career.
  3. Originally posted by DerBFreund:[..]
    I saw it happen with Depeche Mode some years ago, they were in the middle of I Feel You and the PA just went off. They kept playing like they didn't notice and finished the song.

We were mad at the moment, but in retrospect it was hilarious seeing them playing and only hearing an ocassional cymbal in the maddening silence. It was like real life was muted
    hahaha, must have been funny. Imagine if it happened during a live debut or a truly exceptional performance

PS. Real life should be muted more often.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    hahaha, must have been funny. Imagine if it happened during a live debut or a truly exceptional performance

PS. Real life should be muted more often.
    Maybe they muted Wild Horses for all the shows after Tulsa.

5. Haha, I've not actually watched it back before!

It was so odd, I'm not sure if the band were even aware of the issue, maybe their in-ears were still working? I noticed something was seriously wrong during MLK, every few seconds a horrendously loud, bassy thud would occur. I remember many people booing (I think moreso to signify something was wrong) which felt weird but the cheer when the PA kicked again was nuts. I'm just glad it was okay for the rest of the night!
  6. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]

Haha, I've not actually watched it back before!

It was so odd, I'm not sure if the band were even aware of the issue, maybe their in-ears were still working? I noticed something was seriously wrong during MLK, every few seconds a horrendously loud, bassy thud would occur. I remember many people booing (I think moreso to signify something was wrong) which felt weird but the cheer when the PA kicked again was nuts. I'm just glad it was okay for the rest of the night!
    Yeah, I'm rather sure it was just the PA malfunctioning and the band was mostly unaware of the whole thing. Maybe they noticed the long faces of the first rows and thought "wow, Glaswegians really dislike Walk On!"
  7. some people said that after the Elevation Tour lost its power but my fav version is Rose Bowl 09...
  8. I thought the 360 tour versions were generally excellent but elevation tour I would say was the best. The acoustic version on the vertigo tour were ok as an alternative but no competition for the electric versions.