1. Just came across this topic again.

Here in Holland we're about to get 3(!) 'The new Michael'-like programs. I heard they were planning to make a musical too. Making money out of someone's death makes me so angry
  2. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy:Just came across this topic again.

Here in Holland we're about to get 3(!) 'The new Michael'-like programs. I heard they were planning to make a musical too. Making money out of someone's death makes me so angry

Remember Elvis is more famous now than he was back in his lifetime and even 2Pac became legend after his death.
  3. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy:Just came across this topic again.

What's a 'Michael-like' program? Also about the musical - you sure it's not Thriller Live? That one's been going well before his death and he actually went there himself.

On other MJ-related stuff, his doctor is practising again. Anyone wanna take up an appointment?
  4. Interesting to note that small media outlets (not the larger ones) reporting Evan Chandler, the dad of the kid who accused MJ of molesting him back in 1993 (not the recent case or same kid) was found dead in his apartment from an apparent suicide.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/18/evan-chandler-dead-father_n_362112.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/18/evan-chandler-dead-father_n_362112.html

I wonder why the wider mainstream media aren't reporting on this or making a huge fuss over it...anyone else caught this in their newspapers or TV / radio?
  5. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

What's a 'Michael-like' program? Also about the musical - you sure it's not Thriller Live? That one's been going well before his death and he actually went there himself.

On other MJ-related stuff, his doctor is practising again. Anyone wanna take up an appointment?

I meant a talent-audition program, like Idols or so. And I thought it was a new musical...could be wrong though. Still it's a bad thing that people make money out of someone's death
  6. I'll bump this up as there's some 'new' MJ music out for 25 years of the Bad album. Nice to see after the controversy the last album caused with three fake vocal tracks that his estate has released them as they were found.

Don't Be Messin' Around
    I'm So Blue
    Song Groove (Abortion Papers)
    Free
    Price Of Fame
    Al Capone
    Streetwalker
    Fly Away

They definitely sound of their time.
  7. 4 years to the day the King of Pop passed away.
  8. 4 years ???

time flies
  9. 10 years ago Michael Jackson passed away. Like him or hate it, there's no denying that a piece of music history went away with him.

10. Love listening to his music, but I can't even look at his face any more without feeling sick to the stomach... having kids of your own will do that to you i guess
  11. There's a lot of evidence - from the actual kids that were involved - that Jackson was a paedophile, and I think Jackson was.

He was predatory and manipulative - based on what I've seen presented - and was taking advantage of vulnerable young children.

All that depends on whether you believe the witnesses or not, or whether you're a fanatical Jackson supporter who will defend him to the death.

Do we still play his music? Well, there's an argument that we still enjoy art created by people from history with dubious behaviour and hang/present that art in public galleries.

I guess that's up to the individual and the companies and businesses whether to or not - even though I must admit that Ive haven't listened to any of his music since all the controversy.

I remember Bono saying during BAD (theirs not Jackson's) on the famous Dublin 93 broadcast "Michael Jackson, if you're out there, I don't believe you're bad. Proven guilty before you'd been given a chance.".

Was Bono supporting Jackson naively ? I think so.
  12. Bono also seemed to take that back in Sydney 1993 during his MacPhisto speech at the end - goodbye Michael .