1. Shine Like Stars. Lovely jubbly.
  2. One man listening party. That was good fun. Nice vibe to the show as I remember from the time. You can tell it was the third show in four days with a hangover thrown in for good measure. Stay and Bad in the same set feels like a treat.
  3. I loved after still haven’t found what I’m looking for. whole of Croke park singing stand by me the second night
  4. Decent pelt at Shine Like Stars on night 3. Had forgotten all about it.
  5. If you had waited another month it would have been a year since your 1 man listening party. Could have made it an annual tradition.
  6. Originally posted by SJKamal:If you had waited another month it would have been a year since your 1 man listening party. Could have made it an annual tradition.
    Ha. Hadn't even noticed. Must have been an indoor bike ride.
  7. I guess I'll be giving this a spin today! It's been a couple years since I've heard this!
  8. 2009 Bono had a way rougher voice than I remember! But the energy is electric!

Edit: 4 songs from NLOTH to open was ballsy! GOYB sounds better than I remember. Also I wish NLOTH would come back into the set someday.
  9. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:2009 Bono had a way rougher voice than I remember! But the energy is electric!

Edit: 4 songs from NLOTH to open was ballsy! GOYB sounds better than I remember. Also I wish NLOTH would come back into the set someday.
    Yeah opening the 360 shows (the first ones, at least) with 4-5 songs from NLOTH was bold, specially considering how lame the critics had been with the album and the sales figures. They had never done that since Zoo TV that featured 6-8 from AB, and will probably never do it again. And yes, Bono's 2009 voice wasn't the best (although it was noticeably better than most of 1997-2006, except the last VT leg). It improved in 2010 and 2011 though. The last great years of the B-man!
  10. "The last great years of the B -man"? I wouldn't agree with that he was singing very well on the last couple of tours particularly on TJT in 2019. A lot of commentators would agree that he,Dave Gahan,Steven Tyler and Robert Smith have preserved their voices very well over the decades despite the thousands of gigs they've done and the demands that go along with being in a Rock band.
  11. Sounded good on Milan 4 in 2018.

Steven Tyler had some sort of vocal chord surgery did he not ?
    Not sure Gahan had as many huge notes like Bono has. Or Smith. But agreed that Gahan and Hetfield are very well preserved 60ish singers.
  12. Originally posted by popmarter:"The last great years of the B -man"? I wouldn't agree with that he was singing very well on the last couple of tours particularly on TJT in 2019. A lot of commentators would agree that he,Dave Gahan,Steven Tyler and Robert Smith have preserved their voices very well over the decades despite the thousands of gigs they've done and the demands that go along with being in a Rock band.
    He's doing great for his age -specially seeing other singers- but he has lost most of his mid range, and is also suffering from serious rhythm problems lately. I own't get into detail in this thread but we've gone over this in the Bono's voice thread for a long time.