1. 1998-02-21 - Melbourne, Australia @ Waverley Park - SOUNDCHECK

I was lucky enough to get a tape copy of the Melbourne soundcheck, and as many people seem to be wanting to hear the new songs played at the soundcheck, I thought it would be good to put some of them up on my web page for everyone to hear. Over the next few days, I will try to put up most of the soundcheck. They probably won't come up in order, as some of the songs have terrible sound quality, and aren't worth uploading, but I will try to name them in order.

Note: All the songs have been re-encoded, this time so they play out both speakers, but they are now in mono, not stereo. The fourth song has also been re-encoded, this time with better volume levels.

Songs 1 - 3 [12:16][1.39Mb] - The first ten and a half minutes of this file have a low volume, but the songs are still worth listening to. The second song has a resemblance to the live version of "If God Will Send His Angels". The third song is the first attempt at this song, with a better version of it being the fourth song.

Song 4 [6:52][802Kb] - This is the second version of the third song played. So far it is the most complete song they have played, and I think it sound pretty good.

Song 5 [10:55][1.24Mb] - The Edge plays around with a chord for a while before the whole band joins in on this song. Not too much in the way of lyrics, but a promising song non the less.

Song 6 [9:31][1.08Mb] - This song is dogged by wind over the mic, lossing a bit of the sound quality of the song. There are a couple of attempts at this song, with just Edge and Bono, then with the whole band.

Song 7 [7:39][893Kb] - Another more complete song with some lyrics that are vaguely nderstandable :-)

Song 8 [4:37][539kb] - Shorter song, in the style of Playboy Mansion, for lack of a better word, rap-like.

http://rapidshare.com/files/12409142/1998-02-21_-_Melbourne__Australia___Waverley_Park_-_SOUNDCHECK.rar
  2. Hi. Can you upload this again, please?
  3. 6 years ago

4. Can someone re up this?
  5. Aren't these all on Youtube?
  6. There's this whole series this guy did (I think it's 10 videos) of a lot of rare soundchecks on YT, have you checked that? Via that I found the Auckland '89 soundcheck for example (with the early version of Trying to throw your arms around the world). I'd be surprised if he hasn't anything from the soundcheck you're looking for.. Any specific song you're looking for?
  7. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    There's this whole series this guy did (I think it's 10 videos) of a lot of rare soundchecks on YT, have you checked that? Via that I found the Auckland '89 soundcheck for example (with the early version of Trying to throw your arms around the world). I'd be surprised if he hasn't anything from the soundcheck you're looking for.. Any specific song you're looking for?
    Yeah I know that guy. He uploaded every soundcheck until the 1997-08-31 Soundcheck.