1. not anymore maibe in the future ....
  2. Originally posted by haytrainThought I'd revive this topic....

I know there was a huge mess last tour with trying to get tickets to the fanclub members. My question is, would it be worth it to shell out the membership fee to get tickets, or did people generally not have any problems getting tickets for the last tour? I know I tried and they sold out almost instantly. I guess I could have bought them from a dealer/scalper, but I was just a poor college student at the time and couldn't pay the markups.

Thoughts?

I don't know about the US, but in Europe, you can get tickets for every show without being a U2.com member and without any trouble.
    Officialy all concerts are sold out in about 1 hour, but in the weeks and months to follow, there are always tickets showing up.
    Just don't panic, you always get tickets. Even on the day of the show. I paid 10€ for my Vertigo Berlin ticket.
  3. Originally posted by yeah[..]

I don't know about the US, but in Europe, you can get tickets for every show without being a U2.com member and without any trouble.
    Officialy all concerts are sold out in about 1 hour, but in the weeks and months to follow, there are always tickets showing up.
    Just don't panic, you always get tickets. Even on the day of the show. I paid 10€ for my Vertigo Berlin ticket.

sorry i aint having that mate. i tried really really hard to get Croke Park tickets for the vertigo tour and all three shows were sold out super quick.
    having said that maybe its easier to get tickets for continental european shows, i dont know.
  4. Originally posted by robbie07[..]

sorry i aint having that mate. i tried really really hard to get Croke Park tickets for the vertigo tour and all three shows were sold out super quick.
    having said that maybe its easier to get tickets for continental european shows, i dont know.

I got 2 tix for Croke III 3 weeks before the show... maybe I was just lucky. And I didn't go anyway.
  5. I became a paid memeber about two years ago, and I already renewed my membership early until the end of 2009. there are some awesome specials they offer for members, plus it's the official side and I'm a fan
  6. Yeah, I've been a member for a few years now. Not much dough really when you consider it. Got a T-Shirt and Slane Castle 2-CD set which I was happy with. And I'll use it as an insurance policy for tix when the next tour arrives.
  7. I'm thinking about it now we know the album is being released soon. A couple of questions though.

- What do you get for your money? Exclusive stuff, like shirts, records, lithos etc.

- I'm in Australia and I don't have a credit card. Any other way to pay or no dice?

- A proper guarantee of tickets for the Australian shows or just Europe, the US and UK?

As for what's being offered after this, I'm thinking maybe a U2:3D soundtrack - of course.
  8. Originally posted by drewhigginsI'm thinking about it now we know the album is being released soon. A couple of questions though.

- What do you get for your money? Exclusive stuff, like shirts, records, lithos etc.

- I'm in Australia and I don't have a credit card. Any other way to pay or no dice?

- A proper guarantee of tickets for the Australian shows or just Europe, the US and UK?

As for what's being offered after this, I'm thinking maybe a U2:3D soundtrack - of course.

You're in a difficult situation without a credit card. I've got a mate who used U2.com membership for Australian tickets and it was extremely easy for him.

As for the next gift, they've been converting DVD concerts into audio CDs for the last couple (Sydney and Slane) so any of the remaining (Boston, Chicago, Mexico City etc) would be possibilities.
  9. Originally posted by Zooropa431I will become a paid member when the next tour will be annouced! So i can order tickets online

Same here. I want to be but I don't really have much in the way of money in an account and unfortunately, the money I DO have needs to be invested in stuff that takes a bit more priority than U2, scandalous as it is to admit so ...
  10. Originally posted by yeah[..]

I got 2 tix for Croke III 3 weeks before the show... maybe I was just lucky. And I didn't go anyway.

that was lucky. Did you attend?
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

that was lucky. Did you attend?

No, I was a little small on cash, had already seen 2 VT shows and had another 3 on the agenda, so I passed the tix to a buddy.
  12. Originally posted by yeah[..]

No, I was a little small on cash, had already seen 2 VT shows and had another 3 on the agenda, so I passed the tix to a buddy.

damn wished i'd known you at the time. I was at a funeral the day the tixkets for the 3rd show were released (and sold out)