1. I am. I can't say they offer great content or anything but the gifts are ok and the ticket thing is a must. I actually like the shirt they sent this last time around and haven't opened the cd. But I did open the previous gifts.
  2. When I pay to be a member, and i renew in the coming years, do I get the fan club gift for that year, or is it a one-time thing?
  3. Originally posted by haytrainWhen I pay to be a member, and i renew in the coming years, do I get the fan club gift for that year, or is it a one-time thing?

No you get it every year you renew. This year was the CD version of Slane DVD.
  4. Originally posted by aussiemofo[..]

No you get it every year you renew. This year was the CD version of Slane DVD.

Lame gift. Wasn't there a t-shirt included?
  5. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Lame gift. Wasn't there a t-shirt included?

Sorry there was also a Go Home T-shirt in a few different varieties. I like the live CDs. Previous year was Sydney CD.
  6. Originally posted by aussiemofo[..]

Sorry there was also a Go Home T-shirt in a few different varieties. I like the live CDs. Previous year was Sydney CD.

but a little pointless if you've already got the DVD rip....
  7. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

but a little pointless if you've already got the DVD rip....

Haytrain youre a godsend... i totally forgot to make mine. I got to hop to it too!
  8. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

Haytrain youre a godsend... i totally forgot to make mine. I got to hop to it too!

I do what I can....

In all seriousness, I think I'll join anyway, just on the slim chance that a membership actually helps me get tickets on the next tour. I plan on going to a few shows.
  9. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

I do what I can....

In all seriousness, I think I'll join anyway, just on the slim chance that a membership actually helps me get tickets on the next tour. I plan on going to a few shows.

Yea, I'm already saving up for some shows. I figure if I'm gonna go to a concert for this first time, may as well be the best band in the world.
  10. On a short off topic yet slightly related way, I was gonna join TheWho.com for the CD View From a Backstage Pass. Its $50 to join, and thats all the site is good for. Should I join U2.com for tix, or join thewho.com for VFABP, which currently is available for streaming on mog.com

Although now that I look at it the streaming bit makes something the obvious choice.
  11. Originally posted by RemyI am at the moment, don't know if I'll renew my membership by the end of next month.

What about you? Do you think U2.com can offer us something new after U2.communication?

I am a paid member and have been since it's 'inception' (and clusterf*ck) in 2004. Why? Cuz I can't help but hope they 'get the site right' at some point.

I also suspect that while they stated that 'ticketing' would not be part of the membership, when it came time for renewals after Vertigo tour... I suspect that it MIGHT be re-implemented for long standing members 2 or 3 years + as a bonus for loyalty - and in that, it would stop the scalpers from buying 10 subscriptions 3 months before the tour to get the tickets.

Time will tell.
  12. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979

I also suspect that while they stated that 'ticketing' would not be part of the membership, when it came time for renewals after Vertigo tour... I suspect that it MIGHT be re-implemented for long standing members 2 or 3 years + as a bonus for loyalty - and in that, it would stop the scalpers from buying 10 subscriptions 3 months before the tour to get the tickets.

Time will tell.

Right, but there's really no way to distinguish between scalpers and fans that have just gotten into U2 with this upcoming album and wanted to join the fanclub. You can't punish people for just getting into the music now, you know? It will be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.