1. I might just use stubhub.com for my tix. I already have for one thing this year, I'm hoping for others

Red Sox vs. Cleveland Indians sept. 22nd, Raconteurs tix.

I just really hope U2 does offer that thought. I'm seriously considering getting the membership.
  2. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

Right, but there's really no way to distinguish between scalpers and fans that have just gotten into U2 with this upcoming album and wanted to join the fanclub. You can't punish people for just getting into the music now, you know? It will be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

It's not punishing anyone. It IS rewarding those that have not let their subscription laspse over a period of time, more than a year, which in most cases would weed out some of the scalpers.

That isn't punishing new fans. Just like Propaganda members or U2.com members getting early access to tickets ISN'T punishing the casual fan or otherwise... it was merely rewarding those with memberships.

And there is nothing so horrible about that.

There is no certainty that they will reinstate the ticketing for U2.com members. Hopefully they will. And as Live Nation will be handling it instead of FanFire, it might run smoother. And as most of the scalpers that bought memberships in 2004 haven't kept up their memberships... it would be a winning situation and a fair prize for those that have been loyal and kept up their memberships since 2004, since Propaganda in many cases and/or at least for 2+ years.
  3. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]
    There is no certainty that they will reinstate the ticketing for U2.com members. Hopefully they will. And as Live Nation will be handling it instead of FanFire, it might run smoother. And as most of the scalpers that bought memberships in 2004 haven't kept up their memberships... it would be a winning situation and a fair prize for those that have been loyal and kept up their memberships since 2004, since Propaganda in many cases and/or at least for 2+ years.

I think after what happened last tour pre-sales for tickets will probably only be for fans who have been members for 2 years or more.something like that.to stop the scalpers.what do you think?
  4. Originally posted by SalvationTambourine[..]

I think after what happened last tour pre-sales for tickets will probably only be for fans who have been members for 2 years or more.something like that.to stop the scalpers.what do you think?

Wait and see. Who knows, it could be another total stuff-up, but Live Nation seems to have half an idea of what they're doing.

Scalpers are always gonna get tickets and flog them regardless, but some new members might decide to sign up last year or 2006 and you can't say they're scalpers, because I know people (as I'm sure we all do), who became U2 fans in 2007-2008 and are getting tickets from U2.com. You just cannot stop scalpers. To be absolutely honest, I'll go down my local ticket agent and get them there early on the first morning sale to get front-row - because you've got a good chance on that front too.
  5. Originally posted by haytrain[..]

I do what I can....

In all seriousness, I think I'll join anyway, just on the slim chance that a membership actually helps me get tickets on the next tour. I plan on going to a few shows.

I know a few who used their U2.com membership as insurance. They got a venue-package for the exclusive stage area which was a lot dearer than the normal ticket price. They then got rid of U2.com tix.
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins

Scalpers are always gonna get tickets and flog them regardless, but some new members might decide to sign up last year or 2006 and you can't say they're scalpers, because I know people (as I'm sure we all do), who became U2 fans in 2007-2008 and are getting tickets from U2.com. You just cannot stop scalpers.

Thanks Drew. That was exactly the point I was trying to make.
  7. For those of you that are U2.com members and have done ticket-purchasing through them--is it possible to buy tickets for more than one show? i.e. if I wanted to buy two tickets for all the Boston shows on a tour, would that be a possibility?
  8. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2For those of you that are U2.com members and have done ticket-purchasing through them--is it possible to buy tickets for more than one show? i.e. if I wanted to buy two tickets for all the Boston shows on a tour, would that be a possibility?

same here with that question......

and U2 should play again in Worcester, they do for Providence!
  9. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

same here with that question......

and U2 should play again in Worcester, they do for Providence!

The could play anywhere in Rhode Island and the rest of the state would be able to hear them.

It'll never happen for Worcester again, sadly. Unless they bypassed Connecticut altogether (no loss there ).

Actually, I shouldn't say that. The only U2 concert I've ever been to was at the Hartford Civic Center.

Fun fact: Worcester was the first place in the world that U2 performed as the headlined band for an arena: http://www.u2start.com/bootlegs/1983-06-28/Worcester,%20Massachusetts%20-%20The%20Centrum/

But I digress. Our question still stands.
  10. Am i right in thinking that all ticket sales are going through Live Nation from now (which in turn links through to ticketmaster?)....and therefore there will be no pre-sale from U2.com??
    I refuse to subscribe to U2.com....biggest waste of money ever!!!....

So if this is right I think you should be able to buy tickets to more than one show on ticketmaster rite? Thats how I think it will work this time.....i may be (and probably am) completely wrong though!
  11. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZooAm i right in thinking that all ticket sales are going through Live Nation from now (which in turn links through to ticketmaster?)....and therefore there will be no pre-sale from U2.com??

So if this is right I think you should be able to buy tickets to more than one show on ticketmaster rite? Thats how I think it will work this time.....i may be (and probably am) completely wrong though!

who knows..... all i know is U2 will be faithful to their fans.

as for me, I'm subscribing when the new thing comes out!
  12. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZooAm i right in thinking that all ticket sales are going through Live Nation from now (which in turn links through to ticketmaster?)....and therefore there will be no pre-sale from U2.com??

Really. Hmm. In that case I'm going to hold off subscribing. Pre-ticket sales would be the only reason I'd pay $40 a month to a friggin' website.