1. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:[..]

True... and all of them are great! I just hope this one grows on me... The first half of the record hasn´t really caught me yet!

im already lovin it to be honest. i missed this side of radiohead. in rainbows was gorgeous, but ive probably listened to the b-sides from amnesiac and hail to the thief just as much for their layers and layers of experimenting. this records seems to be more in that spirit
  2. Originally posted by pesto:[..]

im already lovin it to be honest. i missed this side of radiohead. in rainbows was gorgeous, but ive probably listened to the b-sides from amnesiac and hail to the thief just as much for their layers and layers of experimenting. this records seems to be more in that spirit

I really like this side o them... ballsy! but it grows slowly on me... what is amazing is you can hear how great phill is! some very different and nice beats!
  3. thats the great thing about not having to satisfy a record company lol, and yea phil is an amazing drummer.
  4. Listening to it for the second time around. I think I like it...
  5. I'm still at work (in Canada) and haven't had a chance to download the album on my home computer. I have to agree with the earlier posts that the Radiohead does indeed to a great job pushing musical boundaries and reinventing themselves (pretty much) with every album.

This may cause some controversy on the (wonderful) sitte but I'd have to say that although U2 are better performers (more energy), Radiohead wins in the artistry department.

Love them both - kinda like I love my two kids equally but in different ways.
  6. Gotta add that today's a great day in "my" music world. New Radiohead album and (finally) another radio broadcast of a U2 show - which I'm hoping will be available here sooner than later.

Now Oasis just needs to get back together and the Beatles can reuni...I'll stop there.
  7. Originally posted by clover68:pretty short album .. 8 songs 37 min

Bloom
    Morning Mr Magpie
    little by little
    feral
    lotus flower
    codex
    give up the ghost
    separator

No "Big Boots" or "Follow Me Around?"

Bummer.

8. As much as I´d like Big Boots, it´s a legend to be the way it is... maybe one day when we get B-sides like In Rainbows had... Fllow Me Around Is Great... I also liked the songs Thom did with Atoms For Peace... Skirting On The Surface, Open The Floodgates, Judge Jury Executioner...

My favorite so far is Codex
  9. loving it so far, it's like an album full of Kid A's mellower moments. Lotus Flower and Morning Mr. Magpie are the standouts for me.

I'd love for them to return to the Bends/OKC guitar rock sound someday, but i don't think they will. i suppose chilled out electronica is a decent enough replacement.

jesus, i love radiohead.
  10. Originally posted by wangmaster:loving it so far, it's like an album full of Kid A's mellower moments. Lotus Flower and Morning Mr. Magpie are the standouts for me.

I'd love for them to return to the Bends/OKC guitar rock sound someday, but i don't think they will. i suppose chilled out electronica is a decent enough replacement.

jesus, i love radiohead.

Still at work - and will be for another few hours.

Is "Magpie" much different from the recordings that are already out there? Must be.

Is it okay that we're discussing RH so much on a U2 forum - especially on the day of a show!?!?!?
  11. Originally posted by wangmaster:

Be a bit hard to improve upon, don't you think?
  12. Doesn't sound as passionate as In Rainbows did, to me. That record had a lot of drive. This incredibly short one just seems like they were bored and wanted something released to stand for what they'd been doing lately. Not like this was a completely motivated, complete artwork like past albums.

Maybe I'm being too critical and not giving it enough of a chance.