1. Agreed. I stated the other day that OKC was my favourite album (while The Bends would be in my "top 5" as well) and anything after it would not be as good - at least in my own mind. However, they have recorded two or three absolutely brillant albums since and I can think of a band (aside from the Beatles) who have been able to make so many outstanding albums. U2 have two TRUE classics (and a bunch of excellent/really good albums) but I would say that Radiohead have four, if not five.
  2. there´s already this theory that this is not the whole album... that´s why there´s two vinyl disc... people are saying the last song is "Separator" because it separates the first half released from the one coming later... and there´s a line in that song about you thinking something is over when it´s not...
  3. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:there´s already this theory that this is not the whole album... that´s why there´s two vinyl disc... people are saying the last song is "Separator" because it separates the first half released from the one coming later... and there´s a line in that song about you thinking something is over when it´s not...

ive heard that rumor as well, and giving the amount of material they've kicked around, especially live both thom solo and the band, i wouldnt be the least bit surprised. they have been working on this for awhile. it seems to be a new trend in music, releasing EPs more frequently instead of the traditional album/tour every few years
  4. How did you download your order? I paid my 9USD for it on the official site but have yet to receive the file/download information. Would it have to do with the fact that I'm on west side of the Atlantic?
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:How did you download your order? I paid my 9USD for it on the official site but have yet to receive the file/download information. Would it have to do with the fact that I'm on west side of the Atlantic?

so am lol. i dont think so. after you paid it should have taken you to a confirmation page where there was a big white button that said download. im not being sarcastic here, i almost missed it myself. the way it is displayed it looks like its just part of the confirmation. go back to that page and it should be there. i did get the newspaper release, so it might be a little different, but i doubt it.
  6. Originally posted by pesto:[..]

so am lol. i dont think so. after you paid it should have taken you to a confirmation page where there was a big white button that said download. im not being sarcastic here, i almost missed it myself. the way it is displayed it looks like its just part of the confirmation. go back to that page and it should be there. i did get the newspaper release, so it might be a little different, but i doubt it.

I pre-ordered it a few days ago.

Am I in trouble?
  7. I'm treating this as a Dubstep-lite/Ambient album, and on those grounds its a big success.

That said, still early days...

Hoping for part II

8. Giving it another listen...still not impressed. Hoping, like others, that it's only half of a project, and that the rest is sort of a completely different side. I just don't like it in terms of Radiohead's standards. It's not terrible to listen to at times, but it's just not their best work at ALL for me. Probably my least favorite of all their albums, actually.
  9. I've listened to the album about 5 times now, absolutely LOVE it. And hoping for more!
  10. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Giving it another listen...still not impressed. Hoping, like others, that it's only half of a project, and that the rest is sort of a completely different side. I just don't like it in terms of Radiohead's standards. It's not terrible to listen to at times, but it's just not their best work at ALL for me. Probably my least favorite of all their albums, actually.

same.

as an album in it's own merit, it's fine. great, even.

but as a radiohead album - standing up against classics like OK Computer and Kid A - it just seems a bit bland and unexciting. how it took them 4 years to come up with these 8 tracks i don't know. like all you guys, i'm hoping this is only part of their output for this year.
  11. I've already stated several times that I'm a HUGE fan of Radiohead (and I will admit, like most of their previous albums, I probably need to give it more time to grow on me) but I am really struggling with this one. Tracks 2, 5, 6, and 8 aren't too bad but the rest...not so much - at least not YET.

I too am hoping for more. Also, Radiohead wouldn't be so wasteful as to put a 37-minute album onto two 12" vinyl LP's.