1. Watched a few performances on Youtube (Milan, Barca and London). They certainly are energetic, but they lack the studio versions tight structure and shuffling backbeats , the live versions are much looser and have a more pub sort of feel ( and of course as predicted Bono is having some trouble replicating the studio vocals.)

While I'm sure its very fun to experience live, to me the live versions don't match either of the studio performances and unlike say MoS, the live performances don't bring anything new to the song.
  2. Originally posted by vanquish:Watched a few performances on Youtube (Milan, Barca and London). They certainly are energetic, but they lack the studio versions tight structure and shuffling backbeats , the live versions are much looser and have a more pub sort of feel ( and of course as predicted Bono is having some trouble replicating the studio vocals.)

While I'm sure its very fun to experience live, to me the live versions don't match either of the studio performances and unlike say MoS, the live performances don't bring anything new to the song.

The re-working live adds more to it in my opinion - the change to the drum rhythm compared to the studio versions is so much better in my opinion and adds a real energy to the song that the staccato of the studio just disrupts. The straight-up driven chords have a similar effect - that world of distortion works better in the song than the Fly-ish riff and Bono's vox feel much fuller to me. If it wasn't obvious from that, I'll just say that I prefer NLOTH live much more. But as ever, that's simply my take.
  3. I voted for Moment of Surrender. My favorite song on the album is still Unknown Caller which is a close second in this for me, but i can't deny how great MOS has been live...even if i'm not a huge fan of the placement in the setlist
  4. For me, in order:

No Line On The Horizon
    Unknown Caller
    Moment of Surrender
    Get On Your Boots
    Crazy Tonight (Remix)
    Crazy Tonight (Normal)
    Breathe
    Magnificent
  5. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix)....when this disco music started it was a funny suprise...and boy's heads bouncing on the screen...and Larry with those drums..i couln't stop laughing..my mom loved that one especially...
  6. crazy tonight remix.
  7. Thanks for the massive voting again!

What is your favorite NLOTH live song so far? (started on 2009-08-24)

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix) - 20.8%
    Unknown Caller - 19%
    Magnificent - 16.6%
    Moment of Surrender - 15.1%
    No Line On The Horizon - 13.6%
    Breathe - 11.5%
    Get On Your Boots - 3.4%

Votes: 1276