1. Originally posted by FromMEtoU2:Almost done with U2 by U2, can't put it down. End of the World up next. Any other books that others can recommend? There are quite a few out there... I did read a book in the 90s that was a collection of Rolling Stone interviews. Like many here, I really enjoy reading about U2. Looking forward to suggestions.
    U2 Songs + Experience by Niall Stokes.

2. A few variations of the other Niall Stokes book as pressed in various editions.
  3. i've finished to read it today, amazing book! so many stories and details that have changed my mind in relation to the songs. it will be interesting to revisit the discography with all this informations in mind.
  4. Originally posted by hedyzera:i've finished to read it today, amazing book! so many stories and details that have changed my mind in relation to the songs. it will be interesting to revisit the discography with all this informations in mind.
    I’m re-reading it too, good stuff. Them talking about “Summer of Love” way before it was a song.
  5. I’d kill for this book to be updated to the present. It’s soooooooo good.
  6. I agree. I really enjoyed the interview format of this book. An update would be very welcome.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    I’m re-reading it too, good stuff. Them talking about “Summer of Love” way before it was a song.
    Really? Where?
  8. I'm reading about the Pop era now. They mention that their summers in the nineties were called the summer of love etc. Interesting given that its now what they talked about.

9. Originally posted by FromMEtoU2:Almost done with U2 by U2, can't put it down. End of the World up next. Any other books that others can recommend? There are quite a few out there... I did read a book in the 90s that was a collection of Rolling Stone interviews. Like many here, I really enjoy reading about U2. Looking forward to suggestions.
    This is a fantastic document of every U2 concert up to the Elevation tour it seriously needs to be updated to present day.
  10. De La Parra did an incredible job. He found, listened to and documented almost every single U2 show & appereance up to 2002 including setlist, anecdotes, attendance. All/most of this well before the advent of internet and readily accessible information, which doubles the merit.

We U2 fan(site)s don't realize how much we owe to him.
  11. I think even Willie Williams mentioned he had a copy of this book as a reminder of what works live and what doesn't and what songs they played ,it gives a great insight into every tour I found the section on Popmart fascinating the struggles to nail the songs live the half empty stadiums in the US on the 2nd leg to the triumphs in Europe and South America where Bono was reminded how special it was to be in U2 after he had doubts due to the lukewarm reaction to Pop in the US.
  12. Originally posted by popmarter:I think even Willie Williams mentioned he had a copy of this book as a reminder of what works live and what doesn't and what songs they played ,it gives a great insight into every tour I found the section on Popmart fascinating the struggles to nail the songs live the half empty stadiums in the US on the 2nd leg to the triumphs in Europe and South America where Bono was reminded how special it was to be in U2 after he had doubts due to the lukewarm reaction to Pop in the US.
    Absolutely YES. Not sure if it was Willie or Joe O'Herlihy but someone once said that they carried a copy of U2 Live when they went on tour and it helped them with the discussions/arguments about when/where/what they played in a certain city.