1. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    I'm reading about the Pop era now. They mention that their summers in the nineties were called the summer of love etc. Interesting given that its now what they talked about.
    It’s been a while since I read this but do you think that is a bit of a stretch to link that with the song itself? I mean the summer of love has so many references. That said, they do speak a lot about their time in the south of France and the good memories which certainly lends itself to the lyric “I’ve been thinking of the west coast, but not the one that everyone knows”...
  2. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    It’s been a while since I read this but do you think that is a bit of a stretch to link that with the song itself? I mean the summer of love has so many references. That said, they do speak a lot about their time in the south of France and the good memories which certainly lends itself to the lyric “I’ve been thinking of the west coast, but not the one that everyone knows”...
    Yeah the fact that they named the song after it + the fact that they reference the same theme and subject as in the book before the song makes it not a stretch
  3. There’s a book on that bookshelf photo before, A Grand Madness- 10 Years On The Road With U2, which is a good book by a fan, but i thought for sure i was the only guy who had ever bought it.
    I paid £16 for it, with the book sealed up, in 1997. At that point I thought it was written by a tour insider. I was wrong.
  4. Originally posted by polarbearu2:There’s a book on that bookshelf photo before, A Grand Madness- 10 Years On The Road With U2, which is a good book by a fan, but i thought for sure i was the only guy who had ever bought it.
    I paid £16 for it, with the book sealed up, in 1997. At that point I thought it was written by a tour insider. I was wrong.
    I hadn't heard of it (obviously), but it looks like a good insight of a fan's life before the internet made things much easier (and cheaper) in terms of getting tickets, flights, etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Madness-10-Years-Road/dp/0965618811 , it's ready to go for 3 bucks including shipping

This is the author. I wonder if she's still following the band: