1. Originally posted by Risto:Preview looks beautiful but a bit dull. Was hoping for a bit more spectacle. Not as bad as i thought though, will be adding this one to the collection

However Mexico is still the DVD to beat imho.

my man
  2. Ultra Violet is gorgeous on this one. If that was the only song I'd still buy it.
  3. 23 mediocre songs are worse than 1 fantastic one. I'm still deciding if I should buy it........

4. Sergio, I'm watching the hard copy of the Blu Ray as we speak, and I'm telling you- the editing isn't the most desirable by any means, but I can't believe I bashed this performance as much as I did on 25th October when I live chatted the show with you guys. Bono sounds FANTASTICCCCCC on these, and the band is interacting great. Maybe it's the difference in editing between that broadcast and this release, but I'll be watching this one for a long, long time.

I'm so satisfied.
  5. Performance is mediocre, but the effects and video quality are stunning judging from the TV special. Moment of Surrender is beautiful as well, same for TUF

Just a bit boring, more cinematic than other U2 DVDS.
  6. I agree with Chris; a little cinematic. Even my dad walked through the room and said, "Little theatrical for a concert, eh?"

And the HD is spectacular, it really is...but sometimes the editing makes it lose a bit of its luster. Some shots are like, WHOA! You can't even believe they're so good...and then others, because of probably the lighting and also because of the camera movements, are just like...DVD quality.

There were some shots during No Line on the Horizon that had me like
  7. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Sergio, I'm watching the hard copy of the Blu Ray as we speak, and I'm telling you- the editing isn't the most desirable by any means, but I can't believe I bashed this performance as much as I did on 25th October when I live chatted the show with you guys. Bono sounds FANTASTICCCCCC on these, and the band is interacting great. Maybe it's the difference in editing between that broadcast and this release, but I'll be watching this one for a long, long time.

I'm so satisfied.

Stop, you're making me even more eager lol
  8. How is Moment of Surrender? I remember that it felt and sounded completely fucked up on the broadcast.

9. Best Buy has this listed at 16.99 (US dollars, for the blu ray edition), and Target's was 24.99.....I paid the extra for the day early, I couldn't wait for it hahahah

I was very surprised that the single-disc standard came in what looked like a slightly modified jewel case. Cmon, boys, can't you at least give a slim tall jewel case for the standard, like the Zoo, PopMart, and Vertigo DVDs??? I hate movies that come in what look like CD cases (like my copy of Go Home- couldn't find the "limited edition" anywhere when I bought it, so I opted for the jewel, and now my Best Buy is stocking the LE digipak like its their jobs...I'm just too cheap to rebuy for the case)

10. Bono's rap in it is pretty cool I think I enjoyed it when I watched it on the TV Broadcast

Edit: 500th Post
  11. Originally posted by jofice:[..]

Bono's rap in it is pretty cool I think I enjoyed it when I watched it on the TV Broadcast

Edit: 500th Post

Congrats Jo!!!!

Ahhhhh I just got to "One"....Mandela screaming "ONE!" at the end of his speech gives me chills every time.

edit: @ dieder: haven't hit it yet. Trying to stick to the order (even though I skipped IALW )

12. it's actually Tutu