1. double post , sorry
  2. Not a cool move shooting a dvd in a country where your last album failed and the crowds aren't so "groovy". But I like the fact that they're filming just one night.

Guess we'll see another dvd if Songs of Ascent is released next year.
  3. Nice!!
    great news!!
    I'm sure I won't be able to see the live stream... most of the videos from youtube can't be seen here in ARG due to copyright restrictions.... but who knows... maybe Universal will let everyone see it....
    cheers!!
  4. good fun and that but yawn.

edit - they have ditched Hamish though
  5. nah I have to rant. Why film a show in a country where nobody bought the album? And with a whole tour next year to play? And again in a country where the band are having to drop songs from the new album (that the tour is supporting) just to make the show float to the audience?
  6. Originally posted by Takuan:Not a cool move shooting a dvd in a country where your last album failed and the crowds aren't so "groovy". But I like the fact that they're filming just one night.

Guess we'll see another dvd if Songs of Ascent is released next year.

Agree. Don't understand this move at all. Crap crowds, crap reception to the album and from what I'm told a crap stadium. I love the guys but sometimes they really make you wonder
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:nah I have to rant. Why film a show in a country where nobody bought the album? And with a whole tour next year to play? And again in a country where the band are having to drop songs from the new album (that the tour is supporting) just to make the show float to the audience?

Very fair criticism i can't really defend any of your points about America and our reaction to the new album.

However maybe they will be shooting another dvd next year to incorporate the potential release and touring with Songs of Ascent

I suppose they could shoot this show and if they really don't like the results not release it and hold it off for a show next year. (doubtful but not unheard off)
  8. Have to agree with Gerard. Nevertheless I will watch the stream, cool thing they do this and that they ditched Hamish. Anyone familiar with Krueger's work?
  9. Originally posted by dieder:Have to agree with Gerard. Nevertheless I will watch the stream, cool thing they do this and that they ditched Hamish. Anyone familiar with Krueger's work?

worked on U23D and had a hand with the Original Of The Species video

10. U2 should do something they never do, release a live CD.And it should be from the Milan show night 1.The band have been around for 30 years and have how many live cd's??? (The Slane and Sydney shows were released only to the fanclub).If they released a few live shows from Europe and America all would be happy.
  11. Was Europe really that better? Album sold poorly everywhere in the world and some European shows weren't sold out. Would have loved an European DVD though.
    Might have simply to do with artists loving to release stuff around Christmas.
  12. Originally posted by noiseless:Was Europe really that better? Album sold poorly everywhere in the world and some European shows weren't sold out. Would have loved an European DVD though.
    Might have simply to do with artists loving to release stuff around Christmas.

the band didn't have to drop songs to make the show flow for the European audience. I dunno, I just shiver at the beautiful clarity in blu ray just picking out boring farts in the GA section eating hotdogs. I like to see the whole flore bounce as one. I don't think we will see this in an American shot DVD. We will get some lovely visuals of The Claw but I want to see that crowd pump. Hope those attending can do it