1. It would be cool if after the band call it a day, they release some full length concert films from all the tours on U2.com.
  2. It's not the "official release quality", these are the screen cameras only. You won't make a DVD out of it
  3. They record a 3 or 4 on each turne only. No more than this. At Vertigo recorded several nights in chicago, then all shows in Latin America for U23D. In 360 I suppose they have recorded more shows yes, but I believe that if they launch one day, it will be after the end of U2. In TJT 2017 according to comments they recorded in San Diego, Mexico and several in South America. In a distant future sons and descendants will launch into special boxes. It's just a guess.
  4. Originally posted by grzeko:[..]
    It's not the "official release quality", these are the screen cameras only. You won't make a DVD out of it
    Everything U2 is recorded to a very high standard. At worst, every show since 1992 has been recorded on video from the screens, and given the march of technology and resolution, I would think every show since PopMart onwards has been filmed at DVD resolution with screen camera because of the size and definition of the screens. It may have been edited on the night and sound mixed as it happened but if they really wanted to release a good quality DVD of say, the Ottowa Scotiabank Place show on a DVD standard with professionally mixed sound and vision, that exists somewhere in the U2 archive.

Of course they wouldn't actually do that, because they'd have to edit out Bono snippeting an expensive song they don't have rights for, and Edge played a wrong note he'd want to fix, but they could.
  5. Originally posted by grzeko:[..]
    It's not the "official release quality", these are the screen cameras only. You won't make a DVD out of it
    They actually should. Four cameras, two wide angles and two up-close cameras. More than enough, less editing, more rock.
  6. Originally posted by markreed:[..]
    Everything U2 is recorded to a very high standard. At worst, every show since 1992 has been recorded on video from the screens, and given the march of technology and resolution, I would think every show since PopMart onwards has been filmed at DVD resolution

Great, but it's not the DVD quality stuff. I'm not writing about the resolution, I'm writing about cropping, angles, number of cameras. You can't make full official video release out of screen cameras.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    They actually should. Four cameras, two wide angles and two up-close cameras. More than enough, less editing, more rock.

This. The less "creative" the director is, the better the DVD. Always. A lot of the official stuff is totally useless (or at least I find it useless), good bootlegs often capture the actual experience way better. The worst example(s) that come to mind are the 2005 R.E.M. Live DVD and the Depeche Mode 2005 Playing The Angel DVD. Both excellent performances, both directed by a "cult" director Blue Leach, both absolutely impossible to watch.
  8. Originally posted by grzeko:[..]

Great, but it's not the DVD quality stuff. I'm not writing about the resolution, I'm writing about cropping, angles, number of cameras. You can't make full official video release out of screen cameras.
    The Los Angeles 1987 Bootleg is from Screen Footage and is great.
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:It would be cool if after the band call it a day, they release some full length concert films from all the tours on U2.com.
    I just wish they'd release an archival series, similar to Bruce Springsteen or Pearl Jam.
  10. With so much pro-shot concerts and audios, they can really arrange some amazing stuff.