Time aligned and muxed by sharebear

SETLIST
    -------
    01. Space Oddity / Kingdom
    02. Breathe
    03. Get On Your Boots
    04. Magnificent
    05. Mysterious Ways
    06. Beautiful Day / In God's Country (snippet) / God Only Knows (snippet) / The Maker (snippet)
    07. -band intros-
    08. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
    09. Stuck In A Moment
    10. No Line On The Horizon
    11. Elevation
    12. In A Little While
    13. Unknown Caller
    14. Until The End Of The World
    15. The Unforgettable Fire
    16. City Of Blinding Lights
    17. Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
    18. I Know I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Two Tribes (snippet)
    19. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    20. MLK
    21. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
    22. -Desmond Tutu speech-
    23. One / Amazing Grace (snippet)
    24. Where The Streets Have No Name
    25. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
    26. With Or Without You
    27. Moment of Surrender

GENERATION
    ----------
    .FLV > .TS > DEMUX > .TS

SOURCE
    ------
    Soundboard > ? > webstream

TRANSFER
    --------
    Replay Media Catcher > Flv Extract > TSMuxer

NOTES
    -----
    This is the 2nd rebroadcast of the show.
    Raw file remuxed to .ts file for ease of use.

To add in the new audio, I demuxed using TSMuxer.
    The audio was re-encoded to AC3. All audio editing
    was done in Adobe Audition. No video was
    reencoded

Video : H264 / 872bkps (average bitrate) / 960x540
    Audio : AC3 / 640kps / 48000khz

The audio source is my Wireless Matrix (found at
    http://u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=5403).
    I hated the sound of the webcast, so I put the audio
    over the video. I used the webcast audio for the intro
    and the tail end. Basically right where the Kingdom
    song starts, my audio starts.

Special thanks to Amande for the original video posting.
    Plus I bastardized his info file for this. Thanks to
    boyacrobat for some additional tips and help with this.

Do not sell this recording. For the love of god, don't
    rip and share the audio from this as there is straight
    version easily available.

This was approved by the mods even though it has the
    AC3 audio.

Enjoy y'all.
  2. Are we sure this pic is from the Rose Bowl show because Bono isn't wearing his earring, which is pretty interesting since he almost always wears it.
  3. A good chunk of the footage isn’t even from the arose Bowl.
  4. Since this has came up another of the bizarrely edited bits. During Sunday Bloody Sunday at the gig itself or on the live broadcast at least Bono sang the right lyrics in the ‘trenches dug within our heart…. Sisters torn apart’ section but they then edited in a bit that you can barely understand what he’s saying for the official release. It’s not just a bad edit but probably one of the strangest.
  5. This is U2's worst live release ever.
  6. Hyperactive Boston hamish hamilton, and bono was weak vocally.
  7. Boston’s still one of their best for me. Don’t really care about the style of the filming, I can see good clear professional shots of the band and they played great songs that haven’t appeared on tours since like Gone and New York, kite very rarely played since elevation tour as well and not as strong on the vertigo tour imo. Got a different version of the fly which is right up there with the original. Full band electric stuck in a moment which they also stopped doing after the tour and versions of elevation and beautiful day that I’d actually chose to listen to more than once. Stay, bad, 40 snippet streets, which is one of the best runs of any U2 gig ever. With or without you performed well, Sunday Bloody Sunday with loads of passion put into it, I will follow with the ‘Boston lift me up on your shoulder’ bit superb. Good version of in a little while, much better than on future tours. Until the end of the world was always a highlight on the elevation tour. Bullet was as good as it’s ever been.
    Minor complaints- desire not a bad song but below the standard of the rest of the set, wake up dead man very short version, and whilst i still loved walk on they hadn’t quite worked out the right arrangement yet with edge playing the little picked bits in the chorus rather than just chords. But overall superb release.
  8. Rose Bowl is actually full of post production edits too, such as pitch correction (for example on MLK) as well as some other lines which have fully been overdubbed over (for example "to touch is to heal, to hurt is to steal" on mysterious ways)

in terms of authenticity its one of their worst releases, but i still find it incredibly enjoyable to watch. id still put it over Under A Blood Red Sky and Popmart Mexico at least.
  9. Originally posted by carbide:Rose Bowl is actually full of post production edits too, such as pitch correction (for example on MLK) as well as some other lines which have fully been overdubbed over (for example "to touch is to heal, to hurt is to steal" on mysterious ways)

in terms of authenticity its one of their worst releases, but i still find it incredibly enjoyable to watch. id still put it over Under A Blood Red Sky and Popmart Mexico at least.
    I agree with you in terms of it being an enjoyable watch and better than under a blood red sky and Popmart. Better than Paris 87 and rattle and hun as well for me. I don’t really mind them making edits when they are good. Poorly done ones are what baffle me.
  10. Don't think I have ever watched this in full...and no interest in doing so. Bottom of the pile in terms of official gig releases
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:Boston’s still one of their best for me. Don’t really care about the style of the filming, I can see good clear professional shots of the band and they played great songs that haven’t appeared on tours since like Gone and New York, kite very rarely played since elevation tour as well and not as strong on the vertigo tour imo. Got a different version of the fly which is right up there with the original. Full band electric stuck in a moment which they also stopped doing after the tour and versions of elevation and beautiful day that I’d actually chose to listen to more than once. Stay, bad, 40 snippet streets, which is one of the best runs of any U2 gig ever. With or without you performed well, Sunday Bloody Sunday with loads of passion put into it, I will follow with the ‘Boston lift me up on your shoulder’ bit superb. Good version of in a little while, much better than on future tours. Until the end of the world was always a highlight on the elevation tour. Bullet was as good as it’s ever been.
    Minor complaints- desire not a bad song but below the standard of the rest of the set, wake up dead man very short version, and whilst i still loved walk on they hadn’t quite worked out the right arrangement yet with edge playing the little picked bits in the chorus rather than just chords. But overall superb release.
    I really hate watching the Boston show. I was there, and the film crew were everywhere. Crawling all over the fans. One guy even rested a camera on my shoulder as Streets was about to start. I just have memories of all that crap, and it was one of my least enjoyed Elevation show ever. The shows in Albany and Hartford a few nights earlier were so much looser and more enjoyable, as were the last two shows in Boston. And I find it hard to watch Hamish’s hyperactive cuts. I just get focused on something and it’s gone. Listening to it I do love how some of the songs are performed. Just not a fan of watching it…

Rose Bowl I thought was filmed great. It’s a much more watchable experience for me. But I felt the show was pretty much on auto pilot by then. The whole Boston experience had me sweat off ever going to a show that was being filmed again and I skipped the Rose Bowl but did the show on either side of it…