1. I can’t argue with you having negative memories of the show. That does sound a bit much with the crew getting in the way of fans enjoying it to an extent so I can understand how that would disappoint from a personal point of view. On that note about the filming crews getting in the way have people experienced that at other shows they’ve filmed? Berlin’s the only show I was at they filmed for release but I was up in the seats.
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I really hate watching the Boston show. I was there, and the film crew were everywhere. Crawling all over the fans. One guy even rested a camera on my shoulder as Streets was about to start. I just have memories of all that crap, and it was one of my least enjoyed Elevation show ever. The shows in Albany and Hartford a few nights earlier were so much looser and more enjoyable, as were the last two shows in Boston. And I find it hard to watch Hamish’s hyperactive cuts. I just get focused on something and it’s gone. Listening to it I do love how some of the songs are performed. Just not a fan of watching it…

Rose Bowl I thought was filmed great. It’s a much more watchable experience for me. But I felt the show was pretty much on auto pilot by then. The whole Boston experience had me sweat off ever going to a show that was being filmed again and I skipped the Rose Bowl but did the show on either side of it…

u2wanderer1, ive read about the boston teaparty sit-down, but curious- what was your experience witnessing it, if at all? Were you aware of what was happening, or just find out afterwards? Close enough to see any sort of band reaction onstage?
  3. Originally posted by marik:[..]

u2wanderer1, ive read about the boston teaparty sit-down, but curious- what was your experience witnessing it, if at all? Were you aware of what was happening, or just find out afterwards? Close enough to see any sort of band reaction onstage?
    Yes I was aware of it. I was in the heart that night. Honestly the camera crew were far more an issue, they were everywhere. If they weren’t in your way they were asking you not to jump and not to move. Two nights of that had everyone annoyed. The fan stuff was for three songs at the start of the show while the band were on the main stage, done that way so the band wouldn’t be disturbed by it.
  4. im a little confused. from the main stage for first 3 songs, wouldn't the band very clearly have seen/disturbed by the fan sitdown? And wasn't its intention for the band to see it, as a protest? How many "fans" would you have guessed it was? Are we talking 15, or like 30?
    And was it something that was being whispered around the heart beforehand as "hey everyone, lets plan to do this"
  5. Originally posted by marik:im a little confused. from the main stage for first 3 songs, wouldn't the band very clearly have seen/disturbed by the fan sitdown? And wasn't its intention for the band to see it, as a protest? How many "fans" would you have guessed it was? Are we talking 15, or like 30?
    And was it something that was being whispered around the heart beforehand as "hey everyone, lets plan to do this"
    It was at the very back of the heart - the band wouldn’t have seen any of it from the main stage. If they saw any space back there they certainly wouldn’t have known why during those three songs. I saw some other nights where the heart was practically empty back there. And there were people mixed in who were standing up.
  6. Track 3 on the night was UTEOTW though where Bono and Edge would be away from the main stage. Maybe the dark lighting hid things well for that one.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Track 3 on the night was UTEOTW though where Bono and Edge would be away from the main stage. Maybe the dark lighting hid things well for that one.
    Bad memory. In the 2002 edition of “U2 Live” I wrote two songs. Since that was written many years closer to the actual event I’ll go with two.
  8. I guess that besides during those first minutes of Elevation, they couldn't see anything from stage; if you are playing to a dark room and fronting the lights, you normally don't see anything from stage, besides the first 3-5 rows maybe.
  9. Originally posted by one8ung:U2
    2009-10-25
    Rose Bowl,
    Pasadena, CA, USA

Webcast video with Wireless matrix audio
    Time aligned and muxed by sharebear

SETLIST
    -------
    01. Space Oddity / Kingdom
    02. Breathe
    03. Get On Your Boots
    04. Magnificent
    05. Mysterious Ways
    06. Beautiful Day / In God's Country (snippet) / God Only Knows (snippet) / The Maker (snippet)
    07. -band intros-
    08. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
    09. Stuck In A Moment
    10. No Line On The Horizon
    11. Elevation
    12. In A Little While
    13. Unknown Caller
    14. Until The End Of The World
    15. The Unforgettable Fire
    16. City Of Blinding Lights
    17. Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
    18. I Know I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Two Tribes (snippet)
    19. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    20. MLK
    21. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
    22. -Desmond Tutu speech-
    23. One / Amazing Grace (snippet)
    24. Where The Streets Have No Name
    25. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
    26. With Or Without You
    27. Moment of Surrender

GENERATION
    ----------
    .FLV > .TS > DEMUX > .TS

SOURCE
    ------
    Soundboard > ? > webstream

TRANSFER
    --------
    Replay Media Catcher > Flv Extract > TSMuxer

NOTES
    -----
    This is the 2nd rebroadcast of the show.
    Raw file remuxed to .ts file for ease of use.

To add in the new audio, I demuxed using TSMuxer.
    The audio was re-encoded to AC3. All audio editing
    was done in Adobe Audition. No video was
    reencoded

Video : H264 / 872bkps (average bitrate) / 960x540
    Audio : AC3 / 640kps / 48000khz

The audio source is my Wireless Matrix (found at
    http://u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=5403).
    I hated the sound of the webcast, so I put the audio
    over the video. I used the webcast audio for the intro
    and the tail end. Basically right where the Kingdom
    song starts, my audio starts.

Special thanks to Amande for the original video posting.
    Plus I bastardized his info file for this. Thanks to
    boyacrobat for some additional tips and help with this.

Do not sell this recording. For the love of god, don't
    rip and share the audio from this as there is straight
    version easily available.

This was approved by the mods even though it has the
    AC3 audio.

Enjoy y'all.

is this video still available anywhere? i assume it's dead everywhere because of the official release. also, that copy of sharebear's audio on the internet archive is missing Soon...i'd be happy enough if I could just find that....
  10. Originally posted by coribald:[..]

is this video still available anywhere? i assume it's dead everywhere because of the official release. also, that copy of sharebear's audio on the internet archive is missing Soon...i'd be happy enough if I could just find that....
    Will upload it tonight...