1. Originally posted by zoostation717:[..]
    Nothing earth shattering, we can all make mistakes, it was just funny you’d wrote that Bono had definitely sang all the lyrics and you were 100% sure even quoting lyrics he hadn’t sang. It’s maybe been the case you were agitated at the time knowing it was more than a snippet and got carried away suggesting he sang it all when he didn’t, easy mistake to make, just a lesson for us all to be careful how far we’re willing to argue something but no harm done. Bill Flanagan’s notes are more of an issue with they inaccuracies making it onto a physical release.
    Whatever, I'm not a journalist, never claimed to be. So your example with Flanagan is off. No internet in 1992. Going off my recollection from back then, that is what I recalled. What they released is most of the song. I NEVER recall quoting specific lyrics. Not sure when or where that is coming from. Glad I logged on here again. Now I remember why I hadn't been here for awhile. 😉😜😞
  2. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    Whatever, I'm not a journalist, never claimed to be. So your example with Flanagan is off. No internet in 1992. Going off my recollection from back then, that is what I recalled. What they released is most of the song. I NEVER recall quoting specific lyrics. Not sure when or where that is coming from. Glad I logged on here again. Now I remember why I hadn't been here for awhile. 😉😜😞
    My Flanagan example wasn’t a comparison with your mistake it was just a point in relation to so cruel in general, actually in agreement about the Bono on guitar point. You did quote lyrics in the thread I linked to on the previous page
    ‘Love, like a screaming flower, love, dying every hour’ specifically mentioned, lyrics that weren’t sung. Go and have a look if you don’t believe me. We can all make mistakes no harm done as I’ve said, no need to get worked up about it.

3. Just to show the post you made that I was referring to with the lyrics you quoted. Saves you looking for it.
  4. So wait. ... did he ever sing the "love like a screaming flower" part live ? ( i mean a regular show not a soundcheck)
  5. Originally posted by muzika:So wait. ... did he ever sing the "love like a screaming flower" part live ? ( i mean a regular show not a soundcheck)
    There’s no information out there to suggest it was ever sang live, no, not now that the Pontiac version has been released anyway,
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:I reckon this would be flat as a pancake in a full band capacity. Even on record it just meanders around for too long. I still love it but this release is a gem in its own right. I fear it would be another Landlady if they took a proper run at it.

Agree it's too slow for a stadium 🏟 gig I'm not surprised they didn't go with it they already had TTTYAATW as a mid tempo song from AB on the setlist ,this would have laboured the flow of the gig it's not a bad song but it kinda drags on a bit.
  7. Well, if they redo the arrangement like on Bono's book tour it could work. But even then with its lyrics it wouldn't really be a stadium song
  8. Have to say I've become slightly obsessed with this recording over the past couple of weeks:

I've always absolutely loved it but now I would genuinely rank this song amongst some of the best of all time. The lyrics are just devastating and easily amongst some of Bono's best ever.

For me the best thing to come out of these Sphere shows is how it's caused me to revisit Achtung Baby and re-evaluate it against their output for the last 20 years. And when it comes to this song, I feel it's quite telling that an obscure album track from Achtung Baby sounds superior (to me) to almost everything they've released over those 20 years... I wonder if they can feel that too when they're playing songs like this?
  9. Couldn’t agree more. So Cruel is top 3 U2 for me and its incredible to have seen it live and have this amazing recording.
  10. This would be the one that would be nice to see in person. Similar to Acrobat in 2018, a true wtf moment when you’re standing in front of the band performing it.
  11. Agreed.
    This was definitely the highlight of the show for me. I can't believe how tight they learned to perform this song, they obviously spent many hours perfecting it.
  12. It was fantastic! So happy to have witnessed it. I'm not a musician but I can't help but wonder why/how they couldn't figure it our during ZooTV. Regardless, it was worth the wait.

Long live "So Cruel" and the rest of Achtung Baby!