1. This is a great song, but I'm not sure if it could work live. Well, I thought the same about a lot of other tracks so why not?

This is one of those songs that you rarely remember about... but when you find it playing your music library in random feature, you want to listen to again and again and again, and it doesnt get off your head in a few days. It's not exactly "catchy", it's just..... ...
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:
    This is one of those songs that you rarely remember about... but when you find it playing your music library in random feature, you want to listen to again and again and again, and it doesnt get off your head in a few days. It's not exactly "catchy", it's just..... ...

...incredibly powerful?

I went for a walk earlier and for some reason I had the urge to put this on, now I can't forget about it. Great track.
  3. Yeah, "incredibly powerful" seems to be a right term.
  4. Two video tries at Luminous Times.

The first one (using various footage sources, including abundant Sydney footage and shots from the Red Hill Mining Town and WOWY videoclips) is from a guy I've just discovered, who's done around 25 unnofficial U2 videos. His channel is worth checking. The second one (which uses solely b&w live footage) is from the almighty U2mixer. That says all

5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Two video tries at Luminous Times.

The first one (using various footage sources, including abundant Sydney footage and shots from the Red Hill Mining Town and WOWY videoclips) is from a guy I've just discovered, who's done around 25 unnofficial U2 videos. His channel is worth checking. The second one (which uses solely b&w live footage) is from the almighty U2mixer. That says all

[YouTube Video]

[YouTube Video]

Erm...the first is Drowning Man.

Second one is good though, similar atmosphere to videos of that era.
  6. LOL you're right. I copied the wrong link from the guy's channel! The Drowning Man vid is excellent anyways

Here's his take on Luminous Times:

7. Originally posted by LikeASong:This is one of those songs that you rarely remember about... but when you find it playing your music library in random feature, you want to listen to again and again and again, and it doesnt get off your head in a few days. It's not exactly "catchy", it's just..... ...

Incredibly powerful.

Every now and then, I thank my shuffle player for bringing this up to me.
  8. Amazing. What an absolute gem this WOWY single is.
  9. YES.
  10. Yep! I have the WOWY single on vinyl and it's one of my favorite U2 items

Luminous is so epic I hope they play it this year but I'm not holding my breath.
  11. I still prefer the Heartbreak Hotel.