1. Never mind it's not an option for me now. Hoping another Irish gig will show up. Hope the boys wont fail on Glastonbury. It will be broadcasted right?
  2. I hope so. That's the only positive point for me, we will get a great broadcast (better than Pasadena, for sure, Glastonbury broadcasts are always, always great).

By the way,
    Originally posted by LikeASong:
    By the way, I really feel sorry for the Minneapolis people attending the June 27th concert... The band will be extremely tired when they reach the US again... So poor people
  3. Can't see myself attending either. I'll wait for Vienna
  4. U2 confirmed for Glastonbury 2010! - 23 November 2009

Irish legends to play first ever Glastonbury set

We're very pleased to confirm that U2 will headline the Pyramid Stage on Friday night at Glastonbury 2010.

Said Michael Eavis: "The 26-year-old rumour has finally come true. At last, the biggest band in the world are going to play the best festival in the world! Nothing could be better for our 40th anniversary party. And there are even more surprises in the pipeline..."

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/u2-confirmed-for-glastonbury-2010

30 years after U2 released their first album they're finally heading to Glastonbury!
  5. Regarding the length of the performance, last year Bruce Springsteen played a two-and-a-half-hour set, so I guess U2 will be allowed to play their 2h15 set...
  6. U2 will play Glastonbury next year

The band are due to play the opening night of the 40th Glastonbury Festival on June 25. It will be the only date the band play in the UK and Ireland next year. 'The band is really looking forward to it' Paul McGuinness tells us.

Festival organiser Michael Eavis said: "I promised the the best possible line-up for the show next year and the confirmation that U2 will play their first ever Glastonbury - and their first major festival gig since the early 1980s - is fantastic news.

"We've been trying for years... And now we've finally made it happen. I'm sure they will pull out all the stops to make next year's Glastonbury the most memorable ever."

Promoter John Giddings said on Twitter: "It is true, U2 headline the Fri night at Glastonbury. They fly back for the weekend in the middle of their US tour."

'Glastonbury' which takes place on Michael Eavis' dairy farm in Somerset, is the most well-known arts and music festival in the world. Last year Neil Young, Blur and Bruce Springsteen headlined.

http://u2.com/news/title/glastonbury-2010

7. Will this have the same effect as when they played at Live Aid 2 and then that same evening in Vienna? Even Adam admitted that wasn't there best gig that evening. Guess they know what they do
  8. Originally posted by mrbrightside276:Regarding the length of the performance, last year Bruce Springsteen played a two-and-a-half-hour set, so I guess U2 will be allowed to play their 2h15 set...

Wow, I stand corrected then.

9. Especially if it's U2. They've waited 26 years to get them...they wouldn't have them on for six or seven songs like a promo show - it'd be nuts.
  10. I'll be watching the BBC broadcast that night then...
  11. this is massive!!

but as someone who has been to glasto 4 times i have to say that getting tickets will be harder than impossible. (the fact that it is already sold out having a lot to do with it!) but they usually put a few thousand more on sale in the new year and by then the other headliners (which will also be massive) will have been announced so those tickets will disappear in an instant. and for anyone who's maybe thinking of buying on ebay etc - thats impossible too - the last times i went in 2005 - 2007 the tickets had your photo and name and address printed on them and i.d. such as passport or driving licence were needed to get in.

and for anyone who's amazed the tickets went on sale and sold out before any acts were announced - people don't go to glasto just for the bands - they pay for the whole experience which can't be described unless you've been there. if it is dry it is truly the best 4-5 days you could ever have. if it is wet it is truly awful.... it was so bad in 2007 i havn't been back since. i basically paid over 400 quid to get trenchfoot and phneumonia - but if it turns out to be amazing weather next year i think i will regret not getting a ticket more than anything i have ever regretted before...