1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Yes, the artist lines are always, always great. Just to name a few, BruceSpringsteen, The Killers, Kylie Minogue, The Verve, Coldplay, Oasis, Robbie Williams, Kings Of Leon, etc etc etc...

I wish I could go. Amazing event.

Those were epic performances.

And we know U2.com, that 'only gig in Ireland or UK next year' might be edited or deleted in a while. Because it's U2.com
  2. Exactly, that's what I tried to say before in theother thread, and what I have answered to the Tweeter of U2Gigs... You can never trust U2.com.
  3. i've read nothing but terrible criticism ate U2 taking the headline slot. Not going down well with the Glasto faithful. It's gonna be a big gig for them
  4. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy:[..]
    Those were epic performances.

And we know U2.com, that 'only gig in Ireland or UK next year' might be edited or deleted in a while. Because it's U2.com

Indeed, The Verve's Glasto gig was absolutely epic. Muse filmed a DVD to Aboslution Tour there, and it's bloody awesome. Glastonbury is simply the best festival in the world.

Let's see how epic will U2 be, but I'm sure their concert will be legendary.
  5. Originally posted by yuri31:[..]

Indeed, The Verve's Glasto gig was absolutely epic. Muse filmed a DVD to Aboslution Tour there, and it's bloody awesome. Glastonbury is simply the best festival in the world.

Let's see how epic will U2 be, but I'm sure their concert will be legendary.

i'm not sure. I think U2 might be happy to go in and do a run of the mill set (being mid tour and all). I think they really need to pour themselves into this more than they do each night on tour. Look at Bruce this year, the man was like Jesus. I don't think U2 (Bono) can do that any more. I think Bono reckons he can but when was the last time we saw that Sarajevo passion?

He needs it back for Glastonbury
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:i've read nothing but terrible criticism ate U2 taking the headline slot. Not going down well with the Glasto faithful. It's gonna be a big gig for them
    Well, giving that:

a) the tickets are already sold-out.

b) the date is badly placed, just in the middle of their US leg, which means:
    b.1) a crappy health condition due to flights.
    b.2) bad news for the Minneapolis crowd of the 27th, which will have a Sarajevo#2 (EDIT due to your recent mention of Sarajevo: just for the voice, I mean, not for the passion).

c) the pressumibly "epic" concert will not be seen outside the UK.

I consider that the criticism is fair. Of course it will be big... But I'm not happy with it. Nor I'm happy neither with the lack of more UK/Eire shows.

Maybe if I were attending, my point of view would be slightly different
  7. I don't doubt that they will do good. I think this gigs a bit too big for them to get away with good. They need to throw out a career top 10 with this one.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:i've read nothing but terrible criticism ate U2 taking the headline slot. Not going down well with the Glasto faithful. It's gonna be a big gig for them

Exactly same was said by the 'glasto faithful' keyboard warriors last year about Springsteen -whys he playing, gonna be crap, hope somebody decent is on other stage.

And he showed the who was Boss

still peeved no proper uk dates
  9. Originally posted by hicky56:[..]
    Exactly same was said by the 'glasto faithful' keyboard warriors last year about Springsteen -whys he playing, gonna be crap, hope somebody decent is on other stage.

And he showed the who was Boss

a point also true for Jay-Z.

I think Bruce gives it more night on night than what U2 give though
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:I don't doubt that they will do good. I think this gigs a bit too big for them to get away with good. They need to throw out a career top 10 with this one.

your absolutely right there! this needs to be one of their best ALL TIME gigs. they can't just go onstage and play it like just another date of the 360tour... they need to come up with a totally different setlist more suited to a festival crowd and throw some surprises in there too.

but half of me thinks im sure they are totally aware of that fact and will pull something mega special out of the bag and the other half of me remembers the disappointment i have grown to become used to feeling over the last few years with this band... i hope i am totally wrong about the second one...

it will be a weird gig for them though - there might be thousands of U2/bono haters who turn up just to throw mud at them!? ok thats an extreme suggestion but apart from live8 (which was only a short set) it will be the first time they have played a full set to a crowd that big that is not made up exclusively of U2 fans since the early 80s (i think?) and they will be aware of that. that could cause them to pull out the most extraordinary performance we have ever seen from them - or god forbid it could have the opposite effect..

either way this is the most exciting bit of news i have heard for a LONG time!
  11. Indeed it should be a top of the bill performance of the lads. Makes it even more interesting. I still think it's a shame they never headed there before (particularly in their mid-80's). Hope they can throw off an epic performance. And yes Juraj, The Verve's show was fantastic...I used to have it as a video on my Ipod but unfortunately I lost it. WIll grab it again..Those versions of Sonnet, Lucky Man, and BS are just like wow
  12. well said ric. This is new (or old) for U2. A full set on somebody elses stage with somebody elses gear and (to some extent) a non U2 audience. How they come out the other end of it will tell a lot about the band they are today. Timing doesn't seem right though. Seems to me that they rushed into it to bask in glory at the 40th anniversary thing. I'd rather have saw them play in 2011, out of tour. I saw a hunger and drive in Bono's eyes in Barcelona (gone by night 2) that seemed to be down to not having played in a few years. I think that would help.

All luck to them. I just know they won't get away with Pasadena