1. I have to say, Im furious about this. Doing Glastonbury is bad enough but then to squeeze a small sentence in about it being the only UK/Irish show of 2010 is disgraceful in my opinion.

UK/Ireland fans asked to resubscribe early and then get no dates - piss poor.

Just as well ive got tickets for Philadelphia, New York and Brussels - still a long way from Scotland. 360 will have cost me a fortune by the time its over !!
  2. I'm not sure about the audience...when The Verve performed at Glasto 2008, everyone seemed to be singing every word of every song, yet it surely wasn't an all-Verve fans crowd, so I stay positive about this. Surely they'll beat the suckers we'll see on the 360° DVD, though (sorry Jeremy ).
  3. this is the best news ever, I'm so glad I got my Glasto ticket now.

this should be interesting, though, 'coz I can't see them being a festival type band. it'll probably be a greatest hits type setlist to appeal to the masses.
  4. Bruce gives more night on night than anyone. He's not a valid example
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:well said ric. This is new (or old) for U2. A full set on somebody elses stage with somebody elses gear and (to some extent) a non U2 audience. How they come out the other end of it will tell a lot about the band they are today. Timing doesn't seem right though. Seems to me that they rushed into it to bask in glory at the 40th anniversary thing. I'd rather have saw them play in 2011, out of tour. I saw a hunger and drive in Bono's eyes in Barcelona (gone by night 2) that seemed to be down to not having played in a few years. I think that would help.

All luck to them. I just know they won't get away with Pasadena

Listen Mate you need to fucken chill out ,your too brainwashed by the u2 world ,they will pull it off as always,maybe you should try listening to a few other bands, your analysing them way too much its what happens when you become a crazed fan.
  6. Let's stop bashing Pasadena. For some of us it's fail-ish because we can compare that night with others, while most of the people found it outstanding they way U2 played.

Although Glastonbury and U2 do not quite match (audience, not own stage, etc), most of the people there will be blown away even if they as good as in Pasadena. I'm curious how they will deal with it, the timing is indeed a bit awkward in the middle of the tour.

The prospects aren't very good but let's see what they can make of this. Hopefully they will shut the mouth of the U2 haters there.

@people saying: this must be a top 10 gig for them... depends on what you think that a top 10 gig is. Zoo Dublin? Popmart Leeds? Elevation Madison?

I think they won't top or reach such level on a festival.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

Listen Mate you need to fucken chill out ,your too brainwashed by the u2 world ,they will pull it off as always,maybe you should try listening to a few other bands, your analysing them way too much its what happens when you become a crazed fan.

really intelligent comment there mate... would read again A+++++

8. he is a bit right though. some of us are too critical and some of us are too positive. it's difficult to find the golden midway
  9. Originally posted by dieder:Let's stop bashing Pasadena. For some of us it's fail-ish because we can compare that night with others, while most of the people found it outstanding they way U2 played.

Although Glastonbury and U2 do not quite match (audience, not own stage, etc), most of the people there will be blown away even if they as good as in Pasadena. I'm curious how they will deal with it, the timing is indeed a bit awkward in the middle of the tour.

The prospects aren't very good but let's see what they can make of this. Hopefully they will shut the mouth of the U2 haters there.

@people saying: this must be a top 10 gig for them... depends on what you think that a top 10 gig is. Zoo Dublin? Popmart Leeds? Elevation Madison?

I think they won't top or reach such level on a festival.

well i don't think it will be very comparable to any other top 10 U2 gigs you just mentioned cos its not their own gig or stage and the crowd wont be made up of people who have come just to see U2.

like i said earlier - i think the fact they are going to be way WAY out of their comfort zone is what could make this the most interesting thing to behold for as long as i can remember and if they do massively pull it off and convert and prove wrong 100000's of people in the crowd and watching on tv who might have long held pre-conceptions about the band then it will go down in history for all the right reasons. but they will have to work harder than they have worked for probably as long as they can remember.

10. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

he is a bit right though. some of us are too critical and some of us are too positive. it's difficult to find the golden midway

yeah i totally agree with that - i just think it wasn't the best or most intelligent way of putting it...
  11. Originally posted by ric:[..]

well i don't think it will be very comparable to any other top 10 U2 gigs cos its not their own gig or stage and the crowd wont be made up of people who have come just to see U2.

like i said earlier - i think the fact they are going to be way WAY out of their comfort zone is what could make this the most interesting thing to behold for as long as i can remember and if they do massively pull it off and convert and prove wrong 100000's of people in the crowd and watching on tv who might have long held pre-conceptions about the band then it will go down in history for all the right reasons. but they will have to work harder than they have worked for probably as long as they can remember.

Why? Some people have a negative opinion about U2 but I think even an average night on the 360 Tour would change it
  12. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

Why? Some people have a negative opinion about U2 but I think even an average night on the 360 Tour would change it

why? there is no reason why - this is just you and me trading different opinions!