1. ...wait a sec...are we talking about the one with BP Fallon?

2. yes, that's the same one that was mentioned in the opening post.. but certainly it's not Houston only (as you can read in the comments above). I wouldn't be surprised if there are maybe only 2 or 3 songs from the actual Houston show. But once things get labeled wrong, the harm is already done.

3. I don't think so. The one with the BP Fallon is the "Zoo Radio Transmit", which was a promo release.

There is this story about the Outside Broadcast bootleg, that says that it is an alternative version of the Zoo Radio Transmit, but it was scrapped (and later leaked as a bootleg).

So, it could have been produced by BP, but there is no interview with him in this boot (unlike the ZR Transmit).
  4. Originally posted by ViniedgeU2:[..]
    Yeah, the same thing happened to me, I used to listen a lot to both too, but the differences always got me intrigued since they were said to be from the same show.

I searched a little about UTEOTW, and it seems the version on the Outside Broadcast is actually from the Yankee Stadium.

I listened to the version on the 1992-08-30 boot and the UTEOTW is definitely from this gig.
    (It's a shame that the audio quality is poor).

Probably other songs from the Outside Broadcast bootleg are not from Houston.

About the 1992-08-30 - New York Gig:

I've found in the U2torrents files of the same source (at least seems the same source to my ears) but with a better quality sound.

If someone wants to check it there (or if someone of the crew wants to upload it in here):

1992-08-30 - New York - Taper - M.V
  5. Originally posted by ViniedgeU2:[..]

I don't think so. The one with the BP Fallon is the "Zoo Radio Transmit", which was a promo release.

There is this story about the Outside Broadcast bootleg, that says that it is an alternative version of the Zoo Radio Transmit, but it was scrapped (and later leaked as a bootleg).

So, it could have been produced by BP, but there is no interview with him in this boot (unlike the ZR Transmit).
    Thanks. I always get these two mixed up.
  6. Originally posted by ViniedgeU2:[..]
    Indeed. However, this bootleg is placed in the 1992-10-14 - Houston page here, and the info file states that the source is Houston. There are many places that affirm this information.

Nonetheless, I think it's nice to know what track belongs to which gig.
    yes, but those many places might all have the same (wrong) source. I personally think most songs are from the New York shows. One and UTEOTW for sure, and apparently also Streets (which I think is the best version ever);

7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    yes, but those many places might all have the same (wrong) source. I personally think most songs are from the New York shows. One and UTEOTW for sure, and apparently also Streets (which I think is the best version ever);

[YouTube Video]
    Indeed this is the best version of Streets in Zoo TV. This Yankee show seems to be awesome. There are great performances in here.

The UTEOTW of this gig (which is found in the Outside Broadcast boot) is the best version of the song for me.

I hope we get a better source of this 1992-08-30 show someday (or a remaster of the existent source)
  8. We started to pull that thread before. Almost every track is from a different show. Candidates are New York, Houston, El Paso, Phoenix & Denver and LA. Some tracks are edited from the actual live performances and the info with the press packs/ broadcast credits had omissions and variations. Then there was the accompanying TV show with different tracks and sources. Oh, and the promo CD with more tracks.

There are three sources for these tunes: the Nov. 92 Zoo Radio broadcast (= the 1993 Zoo Radio bootleg), the Zoo Radio Transmit Island promo and the Phillips DCC: Zoo TV television show, also Nov 92. The only definitive way to find the sources would be to put in the hard yards comparing to the bootlegs.
  9. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    We started to pull that thread before. Almost every track is from a different show. Candidates are New York, Houston, El Paso, Phoenix & Denver and LA. Some tracks are edited from the actual live performances and the info with the press packs/ broadcast credits had omissions and variations. Then there was the accompanying TV show with different tracks and sources. Oh, and the promo CD with more tracks.

There are three sources for these tunes: the Nov. 92 Zoo Radio broadcast (= the 1993 Zoo Radio bootleg), the Zoo Radio Transmit Island promo and the Phillips DCC: Zoo TV television show, also Nov 92. The only definitive way to find the sources would be to put in the hard yards comparing to the bootlegs.
    Wow. Thanks for the info!

Now that you mentioned, I checked the Phillips DCC show, and many tracks are similar to the Outside Broadcast boot.

I never heard/found this 92 Zoo Radio Broadcast, is it a different set of tracks or it is the same tracks (from the same gigs) found in the Outside Broadcast boot?

Do you happen to have this broadcast? If so, could you share it?