1. -
  2. -
  3. -
  4. I thought this 92 Zoo Radio Broadcast was different from the Outside Broadcast boot. The last is available here in the 1992-10-14 Houston page. That's why raised the question about the songs in the boot like UTEOTW not being from Houston.
  5. Originally posted by ViniedgeU2:[..]
    I thought this 92 Zoo Radio Broadcast was different from the Outside Broadcast boot. The last is available here in the 1992-10-14 Houston page. That's why raised the question about the songs in the boot like UTEOTW not being from Houston.
    It's a complicated boot, and there has been some confusion, but having listened to and recorded Zoo Radio live as it happened and bought the bootleg the following year, I can say with 100% certainty that the Outside Broadcast boot as uploaded here and by the Houston show is Zoo Radio as broadcast in late 1992. I still have the original tape from 2FM.

There may be other boots called Outside Broadcast that differ of course, but not this one. It may also be that Zoo Radio has been bootlegged under a different title.

There may be tracks from Houston on Zoo Radio, hence its inclusion by that Houston 92 show. But ideally it should have a thread of its own. It's an important release of officially sanctioned music. Not all tracks are from Houston; almost every track is from a different show.

A nice project for some enterprising soul might also be to locate the actual sources of each performance.
  6. For now, this particular issue of broadcasts vs bootlegs vs promos has rumbled across two threads to no definitive conclusion. I'm going to consult with some archivists and get some definition on this once and for all! Until then enjoy the music
  7. To confuse matters a little more, the footage of UTEOTW from the Outside Broadcast TV special is also taken from multiple (at least 2) concerts.

You can tell when Bono gets to the b-stage walkway as some shots there are steps down to the catwalk where others feature a ramp.
  8. Originally posted by cookoman:To confuse matters a little more, the footage of UTEOTW from the Outside Broadcast TV special is also taken from multiple (at least 2) concerts.

You can tell when Bono gets to the b-stage walkway as some shots there are steps down to the catwalk where others feature a ramp.
    I suspect there is more than one example of that. The direction is very stylised.

Plus, while Zoo Radio had similar content across the board, the Phillips DCC show had at least some regional variations.
  9. -
  10. -
  11. Originally posted by cookoman:To confuse matters a little more, the footage of UTEOTW from the Outside Broadcast TV special is also taken from multiple (at least 2) concerts.

I'm fairly certain you see a large Ferris Wheel in one shot which has always indicated to me that it was Toronto CNE.