1. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    It's a hair's breadth thing so check it to be sure. At a point my head was so full of 'Ooos' and 'Ahhhs' and 'Ows' and 'Ughhhs' that my missus had to step in to help out. She called them Bono's Kinky Noises. #worrying
    ha ha, seems like you married the right person it's indeed a weird thing to listen to bootlegs that way.
    About Running to stand still; seems like the video is different from the audiobroadcast.. the hallelujah's are only 30 seconds while in Houston they last for almost 40 seconds.. so for now my guess is that the video is from Irving.. maybe you (or your wife ) can check/confirm this?
  2. I'm also looking for an updated link of the Outside Broadcaster radio show if possible.
  3. -
  4. Ok, non complete nerds look away now:

Houston starts Halle-Hallelujah and has 8 full Hallelujahs over 38 seconds and the vocal ends abruptly.
    The radio show version starts Halle-Hallelujah and has 8 Hallelujahs over 38 seconds and the vocal ends abruptly.
    So I'm 99% sure the radio version is Houston 14/10.

Irving starts Hallel-Hallelujah and has 6 full Hallelujahs over 34 seconds while the vocal ends in a long, wailed Hallelujah.
    The TV version starts Halle-Hallelujah and has 6 full Hallelujahs over 32 seconds and the vocal ends abruptly.
    I'm 98% sure - based on the vocal - that the TV version is also Houston 14/10, edited down by two Hallelujahs, or 6 seconds.

While the difference between the start of Houston and Irving 'Hallelujah' outro are very similar, the end is notably different. I can see how the timings and the edit add to the confusion.

This is as good as I can get it but it probably needs another ear to make 100% certain.

I'm so sick of typing Hallelujah now... Praise be to the Lord!

-
  5. So you have identified the proper location.

To that I say:

6. Originally posted by Anam:Ok, non complete nerds look away now:

Houston starts Halle-Hallelujah and has 8 full Hallelujahs over 38 seconds and the vocal ends abruptly.
    The radio show version starts Halle-Hallelujah and has 8 Hallelujahs over 38 seconds and the vocal ends abruptly.
    So I'm 99% sure the radio version is Houston 14/10.

Irving starts Hallel-Hallelujah and has 6 full Hallelujahs over 34 seconds while the vocal ends in a long, wailed Hallelujah.
    The TV version starts Halle-Hallelujah and has 6 full Hallelujahs over 32 seconds and the vocal ends abruptly.
    I'm 98% sure - based on the vocal - that the TV version is also Houston 14/10, edited down by two Hallelujahs, or 6 seconds.

While the difference between the start of Houston and Irving 'Hallelujah' outro are very similar, the end is notably different. I can see how the timings and the edit add to the confusion.

This is as good as I can get it but it probably needs another ear to make 100% certain.

I'm so sick of typing Hallelujah now... Praise be to the Lord!

@miryclay You're welcome, any time. The origin of the bootleg isn't known, but it is most likely either a very good FM recording from 27th November 1992 or a leak from the source of the radio broadcast. These bootleggers pay no regard to archivists!
    yes, that's a possibility.. I was thinking it could be Irving with the wailed Hallelujah at the end edited like it ended abruptly.. the end seems a bit strange on the video.. and like I said, there's a comment
    on the youtube video from a professional filmer who said he was filming that particular night.. but I'm not 100% sure if he meant filming just for the Zoo TV screens or filming the part of the tv broadcast... I'll give it a listen again later this week...
  7. This is amazing post regarding one of the best u2 bootlegs out there... 92 was so much sharper than 93... i don’t know How many of you know that there were some live tracka dig out by some DJ during 2011 Achtung baby 20th anniversary there was this post at u2songs forum about it http://u2wanderer.org/rtss/index.php?topic=956.msg5267#msg5267
  8. As in most things, those guys over at u2songs are way ahead of the curve. Now, to confound matters totally, the links on that thread @zbych are still live, and the version of Running to Standstill is almost certainly Irving 92, complete with long, wailing Hallelujah at the end!

Will check the other tracks.

This thread keeps unwinding...
  9. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    As in most things, those guys over at u2songs are way ahead of the curve. Now, to confound matters totally, the links on that thread @zbych are still live, and the version of Running to Standstill is almost certainly Irving 92, complete with long, wailing Hallelujah at the end!

Will check the other tracks.

This thread keeps unwinding...
    and that one is the same as the video, which only has the wailing end edited out.. the whole hallelujah part is just one shot, there are no edits there. So video must be from Irving as well.
  10. Keep on working guys ZooTVspecial was my start of U2 journey so I have very soft spot for it, and the Outside booleg is a killer, ... still hope one day we will get complete 92 show on official cd/dvd... anyway those small gems like the In Studio (live) tracks are heaven!
  11. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    and that one is the same as the video, which only has the wailing end edited out.. the whole hallelujah part is just one shot, there are no edits there. So video must be from Irving as well.
    It would make more sense. The idea that the Irving version is only on those Redbeard tracks would be odd.

Rick, do you make Zoo Radio RTS Houston and both the TV Special and the Redbeard tape from Irving?