1. I wouldn’t say top tier but it does stand up well amongst that sort of company but for me certainly below lemon, stay, Zooropa and dirty day which are all top tier u2 tunes in general. Zooropa is just an amazing album in general though.
  2. Some years are better than others ❤️ love to all
  3. Some songs are better than others, SDABTO, doesn't belong to the better U2 songs in my opinion. Somewhere at the bottom of all U2 songs.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Now that's pushing it. When your contenders are named Stay, Lemon, Zooropa, Dirty Day and The First Time you're gonna have a hard time making it to the top tier lol
    Why’s that? Top tier isn’t necessarily restricted to a certain number of songs, I just think it’s up there with most of the best of them, for its own reasons.

Wildly unique U2 tune that - thankfully - doesn’t even try to take itself seriously. It’s a blast.

The “power” or effect of it may be lighter since it’s so light hearted but I wouldn’t list that as a detractor.

Circling back on “tiers” I think the only songs that aren’t on the top tier of Zooropa are Babyface and The First Time, neither of which I have any hate for, they just don’t move me the same way.
  5. Better than Lemon and The First Time to my ears, but regardless of that it's definitely top half of the album. Every individual aspect of the song - apart from the lyrics - are excellent.
  6. Lemon is one that didn’t hit me until probably last year. I can get so absolutely lost in that song now, but it took me a good 15 years of being a fan
  7. Originally posted by MattG:Lemon is one that didn’t hit me until probably last year. I can get so absolutely lost in that song now, but it took me a good 15 years of being a fan
    I'll await the moment that happens to me.
  8. Always loved this song, always thought it was vastly underrated.
  9. Originally posted by MattG:[..]Why’s that? Top tier isn’t necessarily restricted to a certain number of songs, I just think it’s up there with most of the best of them, for its own reasons.
    If an album has 10 songs, top tier consists of 5 and bottom tier consists of the other 5, right? That's how I understand "tiers" Nah, just being nitpicky. I was trying to make the point that Some Days is good, it's better than most fans would say, but it's still far from the true gems on its album. For me!
  10. It’s a great song,fits on Zooropa really well.And pops up in the movie Milk Money in the opening 10 mins or so.
  11. It’s a song that doesn’t sound like anything else, is a little bit odd with quirky lyrics - describes Zooropa perfectly!

For all of the reasons above, I have always had a special place in my heart for Zooropa. SDABTO is one of the better songs on it in my opinion - I’ve never understood why so many dislike it
  12. for no reason this song became my favorite one, bass rhythm and lyrics are amazing, I let it go unnoticed all this time