1. Originally posted by bones44044:do you remember yesterday , or the day before , or maybe last night
    i can't seem to forget
    but I can't wipe my mind clean
    I guess I'm stuck with all these memories
    I guess I'm lost.....again
    They say you only live once
    so I died that summer day
    and your heart wont let me in
    to wipe the tears away
    those nights in each others arms
    you gave it all away
    I gave you my heart
    you took it away
    so I look to another day
    Oblivious the obvious
    at your door and ringing
    the words you say.. harmonious at your ear and ringing
    the looks you ..contingent on the lies that your spinning
    I guess I'm lost again
    worth living for worth dying for
    all at once
    only love
    the relentless pursuit of hysteria
    why it took so long
    I don't know, but
    I'm shedding tears for you
    and I'm just lost
    Oblivious the obvious
    at your door and ringing
    the words you say.. harmonious at your ear and ringing
    the looks you ..contingent on the lies..lies...lies...lies...lies
    that you're spinning
    I'm only lost
    I'm only lost again

They say you only live once
    so I died that summer day

Wow. That's realllly good. Really good. Makes me want to hear it soo bad.
  2. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

yeah well count me in as 10th guitarist. i have yet to purchase my telecaster. funny idea though. maybe we could cover a less-known u2-song like a forgotten b-side

I hereby demand we do "Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop?"

3. yeah, that's the lines that gave me goosebumps when I just read it great great lyrics.

you guys are all so talented, I'm in awe. Seriously.
  4. Currently in the process of writing an album, which is REALLY exciting..don't have anyone to play bass or drums, but I can double my guitar as a bass with the right settings, and have a couple of different really crappy drum machines that'll at least get the sketches in my head somewhat on record.

Here's the tracklisting, feel free to muse about what sounds interesting and what doesn't. Only like 2.5 songs have yet to be written, I'll star those. The sketches are in my head and some on paper, but haven't been cohesively written as a whole song yet. I know exactly what I'm looking for though.

Tentative Title: Wake Up the Riot

1. Wake Up the Riot
    2. Friends*
    3. Brand New Me
    4. Run Run Run (Seattle Rain)
    5. The Irish Ballad of Molly Pitcher
    6. Everything's Gonna Be Alright
    7. The Fountain
    8. Alternate Ending
    9. The Modern Feeling*
    10. Take Me to the City*

"Friends" is about half done; "The Modern Feeling" will be an instrumental.

The thing I like about it is that it's almost a concept album, but composed more of my emotions than a story...sort of like, it makes perfect sense and has an emotional flow in my head, based on experiences I've had and things I've felt, but to others, it might not. Which is okay with me.

If you want to read anything, I'll post lyrics, and soon enough, I'll be able to post demos of some of this if anyone is interested.
  5. In fact, the only titles I don't like are the only song I've heard (Everything's Gonna Be Alright, that title sounds soooooo over-used) and the song which sounds totally like Snow Patrol to my eyes (Take Me To The City)... The rest are fantastic titles for surely fantastic songs. I specially wanna hear the opening song, Alternative Ending and The Fountain. Three great songs for sure

PS. I made my first attempt at coverin your song, Matt, but I tremendously failed. I need some more rehearsing
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:In fact, the only titles I don't like are the only song I've heard (Everything's Gonna Be Alright, that title sounds soooooo over-used) and the song which sounds totally like Snow Patrol to my eyes (Take Me To The City)... The rest are fantastic titles for surely fantastic songs. I specially wanna hear the opening song, Alternative Ending and The Fountain. Three great songs for sure

PS. I made my first attempt at coverin your song, Matt, but I tremendously failed. I need some more rehearsing

Hah no worries- it really is an honor!

And I agree about "Everything's Gonna Be Alright", I just really didn't know what else to call it, and by the time I had it recorded and was trying to get it definitive, I just stuck with that. I'm all ears to anyone who's got a better one, and you'll get a nod in the liner notes when I'm filthy rich and famous

As far as "Take Me to the City", it's sort of a connection I have with the song title and just sort of experiences related to going to Chicago, as I'm only about 25 minutes from it, and it's sort of a HUGE escape for me, plus it'll sound so much different than the Snow Patrol song "Take Back the City", it didn't bother me too much. Not sounding like Snow Patrol at all, I can't promise, because they're a huge influence, but that's one that I'll be sticking with.

Appreciate the input! I'll post the lyrics to 'The Fountain' shortly, once I find them...have them on here somewhere, it's a good one And I'm usually super modest about my songs. But I love that one.
  7. Hah, this is kind of funny...I date almost all of the songs that I write, half so that I'll always know, and half so that I'm constantly reminded of how time flies, because it always feels like I wrote these yesterday. But whenever I translated this from my notebook onto my computer, I must have been in a bad mood. It's dated, "written back when i could write."

"The Fountain"
    [verse]
    i found a special place today
    it made me think of you
    a place revealing the distinction
    between the insisted and whats true

and the water's crystal clear,
    it begs to show you things not seen
    it trickles down, a gleaming beauty...

[chorus]
    take a drink
    before i think too hard about you
    i wont lose myself without you
    i cant believe i was so blind before
    when you thought that you knew me
    i almost wish that you could see
    but its time for you
    to drink from the fountain

[verse]
    elite, the only way to live
    you condescend from your throne
    i cant quite hear what youre saying
    drowned by your signature drone

but when lights change red to green
    and our lives begin to move
    you'll be left behind to lose...

[chorus]
    take a drink
    before i think too hard about you
    i wont lose myself without you
    i cant believe i was so blind before
    when you thought that you knew me
    i almost wish that you could see
    but its time for you
    to drink from the fountain

[guitar solo]

[quieter verse, even darker]
    i cant believe you said
    the things you did
    its time for you to go
    but i wont let you just walk out
    the satisfaction's mine this time

and the fountain doesn't lie the way you do
    for what its worth,
    you'll see the truth
    you thought it was the perfect crime

[chorus]

It may be one of those songs you need to hear before it makes sense, as sometimes the rhyme scheme seems a little off. But trust me, it works. Sort of a sinister song, actually.
  8. Now that is one GREAT lyric, man

"but i wont let you just walk out
    the satisfaction's mine this time"

I definitely love your writing style, Matt. I'm craving to read&hear some more from you, I'm sure that your upcoming album will be awesome!!!

PS. I think that "Crystal Clarity" could do for "Everything's Gonna Be Alright" alternative title. It fits the song and lyrics mood somewhat, IMO.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:Now that is one GREAT lyric, man

"but i wont let you just walk out
    the satisfaction's mine this time"

I definitely love your writing style, Matt. I'm craving to read&hear some more from you, I'm sure that your upcoming album will be awesome!!!

PS. I think that "Crystal Clarity" could do for "Everything's Gonna Be Alright" alternative title. It fits the song and lyrics mood somewhat, IMO.

Maybe just Clarity. Dunno how I feel about it quite yet, but I sort of like just Clarity.

Keep ideas coming, I appreciate them sooooooooooooo much.

And, of course, the kind words about the song- thank you! It was the first time I ever wrote a song, put down the pen, took a deep breath (since it was finally all out of me) and just smiled to myself. I knew I had something I could take somewhere.
  10. "Take Me to the City [Demo]"

Took me 3 hours to get down, and its STILL not EXACTLY the way I want it, but after 3 hours, it was enough of a sketch for me to be proud of and work off of.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nt4mdfznnn1
  11. hahahaha, I know that guitar pretty well

I like it a very lot. I completely love all the I-V-vi-IV chord progressions, and of course F C Dm Bb is one of those. I like it a lot, I'm really hoping that the lyrics do justice to it (it wasn't one of the instrumentals, was it?)
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]hahahaha, I know that guitar pretty well

I like it a very lot. I completely love all the I-V-vi-IV chord progressions, and of course F C Dm Bb is one of those. I like it a lot, I'm really hoping that the lyrics do justice to it (it wasn't one of the instrumentals, was it?)

No, there'll be lyrics for sure. I hope they do it justice too, but you guys may have to be the judges of that.