1. One day I'll rework that blighter.

In other news, a short instrumental thing I cobbled together (synths and guitar):

https://soundcloud.com/hjwoj/adagio-for-peace
  2. I made this in Garageband on my macbook!
  3. I like it. You should copyright it, or Nintendo or Sony will steal it for its next videogame
  4. It's really hard to come up with a good band name..
  5. I have come up with three band names so far and I'm proud of all of them. Specially Foolosophy (although that wasn't entirely original, but taken from a Jamiroquai song). For me it's harder to come up with good song names... oh God that's a nightmare. I have countless "untitled" songs
  6. Morning y'all, hope we're all doing well? Decided it's high time I got myself some basic music production programme to get to grips with the finer points of making my own stuff properly - am happy enough doing straight records of myself playing using my phone mic but a) not great quality, b) bit limited in what I can actually do re. instrumentation! Anyone recommend a good starter programme (preferably free as don't want to blow a load of money on something straight away) for a Windows laptop?
  7. Been writing and recording a lot lately. Here's a work in progress.

What do you see when you look at me
    Try looking through the window to my soul
    Instead of the glasses you wear to block out the sun
    I'm not a dangerous man, yet I'm a man in danger
    Beaten and battered, I limp to a predestined finish line

All I have is a clenched fist, a violent mind, and a book where the truth lies
    Where's the help when I'm in need
    Where are the promises I was told when you first set me free
    You took my brothers and you took my sisters, but please don't take me
    It's all I have

Put out the fires that heat up the jungle you forced me to suffer in
    I'm exhausted from being mislead in the direction that you place your enemies
    Trying to find clarity in the delirious crossfire between bad and worse
    While you step over me to praise the star of the cartoon network where you think the truth lies

All I have is open hands, my silent cries, and a book where the truth hides
    Where's the help when I'm in need
    Where are the promises I was told when you first set me free
    You took my brothers and you took my sisters, but please don't take me
    It's all I have
  8. I have about 21 completed songs with titles. and about 20 something untitled demos. Song naming is hard. lol

I may share a couple later
  9. I recently professionally recorded an album of 11 tunes and uploaded to Soundcloud. All originals written and performed by myself (with a friend playing bass and harmonies). Light rock/pop catchy songs about relatable personal issues. No filler. Check it out

https://soundcloud.com/user-631944740/sets/simple-but-effective
  10. Hi All!

I just thought I'd share something with you. I'm releasing a 15th Anniversary reissue of my 2001 debut album and while a LOT of it has a pretty obvious U2 influence I wanted to share a particular song from it - mainly because I'm interested in hearing what you think about these subtle leftover U2 references in it.

When I was first trying to write on my own at 16, heavily influenced by U2 and The Smashing Pumpkins, a lot of what I was trying to do was to basically take songs I liked and say "I want to make my own version of that". Not a cover, but something stylistically like it.

One of the songs I was trying to "remake" was "Zoo Station".

The funny thing is that by the time it was completely done, in 2001 (five years since I'd started), it came out more like a straight forward rock tune. What I find kind of cool though is that you can still hear some of those "Zoo Station" influences in it.

1. The kick-start of the drums as they pump into the song (a call-out to the live version of the song from ZooTV).

2. The clanking and off-beat claves in the background (which were supposed to be like the clinking chain and train sounds in the backing loop of "Zoo Station")

3. The lyrics "I'm ready for the sirens, ready for the rush, ready for the mushroom cloud"...

4. Though not as obvious, the bass guitar does some similar things that Adam does with the bass in the verses of "Zoo Station".

That's pretty much where those references end.

I would love to know what you think of something that started out intended to be full-on U2 but evolved in ways one wouldn't expect. I think it's kind of fun and a cool exercise. When I find out what inspires some of my favorite bands I like to see where those influences specifically appear to seep in.