1. It's what every news source says, which they all won't print on speculation - regardless of the press release. And they can remove it from the calendar if something in relation to the event violates the contract between both parties. That stipulation being a political matter potentially jeopardising the event.

A lot of journalists have been saying it could move to a European country, with talk of Imola. But that's purely the rumour mill going.
  2. Clearly not worth that much if they pulled it due to corruption lol
  3. Originally posted by KieranU2:It's what every news source says, which they all won't print on speculation - regardless of the press release. And they can remove it from the calendar if something in relation to the event violates the contract between both parties. That stipulation being a political matter potentially jeopardising the event.

A lot of journalists have been saying it could move to a European country, with talk of Imola. But that's purely the rumour mill going.
    well, I might be wrong (I realize that), but I'm not convinced because official sources are quiet about it. There was a lot of 'poker' going this year because of contractual obligations and in the end the Vietnam organization pulled the plug themselves. Haven't seen that for 2021 yet, so let's wait and see.

4. Yes, they're quiet because official sources – Liberty Media / F1 – see it as bad press so don't want to publicise it. It's bad PR for both parties but because F1 is lucrative, but also seen as 'ethical' and reputational, it will keep tight lipped. Contractual stuff has always been political in F1, not just this year. Vietnam might have had foresight and thought judging historically by F1's attitude towards politics that they might pull it anyway, or there's something deeper that stinks. Anyway, I think Vietnam have tried to protect their reputation.
  5. The sport is becoming irrelevant now.
  6. Because of the use of ICE.
  7. I haven't watched F1 in about 20 years.....most boring "sport" on the planet and that's saying something as I hate cricket
  8. I've watched almost every race in the past 20 years and I have to agree that it's a bit of a weird concept. As an individual sport it's probably one of the most unfair sports in the world.