1. Result stands - perhaps unsurprising since the stewards won't want to admit they made a massive cock-up that gifted the championship but surely Mercedes will take this further
  2. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:Result stands - perhaps unsurprising since the stewards won't want to admit they made a massive cock-up that gifted the championship but surely Mercedes will take this further
    Yep. Not the right thing to do, but they would never admit that they made a huge mistake.
  3. Yeah they don't but lucky for the new world champion
  4. now lets hope max stay's normal and dont walk next to his shoes
  5. Farce-steppen NOT really Max apart from over opportunistic do or die move on lap one did nothing wrong so I applaud him! FIA and Merc are biggest losers of the day! Kudos to Lewis he is a legend! The way he faced the demise … just compare to Max at podium week ago… I hope Masi will never again be race director
  6. It’s clear as day - Lewis Hamilton was robbed of his 8th World Championship.

The odds were always against us. Maybe that’s to be expected when at the last race of the season there’s vast amounts of propaganda for one driver, but absolutely nothing for another.

It’s strange to see the FIA quite literally create a new rule in the last laps of a season, and disappointing to see they chose the ending of a Netflix series rather than sporting integrity.

If I were Mercedes, I would take this to Court. Not to take the win away from Max. Not to win the Championship. But to ensure that Masi never officiates again.

Lewis has once again remained a credit to the sport and a Gentlemen throughout the season.
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:It’s clear as day - Lewis Hamilton was robbed of his 8th World Championship.

The odds were always against us. Maybe that’s to be expected when at the last race of the season there’s vast amounts of propaganda for one driver, but absolutely nothing for another.

It’s strange to see the FIA quite literally create a new rule in the last laps of a season, and disappointing to see they chose the ending of a Netflix series rather than sporting integrity.

If I were Mercedes, I would take this to Court. Not to take the win away from Max. Not to win the Championship. But to ensure that Masi never officiates again.

Lewis has once again remained a credit to the sport and a Gentlemen throughout the season.
    I don't agree he is robbed, because Mercedes could have opted for option tyres as well during safety car period.

But i do agree FIA/Masi are not reliable. Not only this race, but the whole season. It started already in Bahrein, where there were no tracklimits in turn 4 during the race and somehow RBR didn't know that. During the race RBR complainted with Masi and suddenly there were tracklimits. Only a few laps later Max passed Lewis and Max had to give the position back. RBR were furious that there were tracklimits.

That's only 1 example. Every raceweekend there were changes in rules. Some in RBR favour, some in Merc favour. But the last 2 races were most ridiculous with creating new rules.

For me, this was the worst F1 championship ever ( i'm watching since early 90's). Because of the controversy whole season, fans who hate each other only because they're supporting another driver, teams protesting every single race, booing from the grandstands etc etc there's a large dark shadow over this season