1. Originally posted by LikeASong:I haven't heard it since it's in Rapidshare and I can't download it, but let's say I'm not precisely... anxious to hear it. Is it that bad, Gerard?

Not that bad, its like a very clear soundboard from the tour. Bono tries, but his voice was gone. Hope he continues trying during the tour.

MediaFire link is coming up any second
  2. cheers for this, it's interesting to compare how it's changed in 20 plus years.

safe to say it's not a patch on the original though.
  3. Thanks for the link, Chris! I will download and review it soon
  4. Chris defined it: it is exactly like a soundboard recording of the tour.

Well, at least Bono tries... The snippet was good, the rest was awful. Fuck, why don't they realize they massacre it each time?
  5. After listening to this I hope Bono is looking after his voice for the tour...
  6. Band itself sounded great though. Loved Adam high in the mix.

7. Yup, good snippet, good gesture, but that's it. I enjoy 360 versions a lot more than the Elevation and Vertigo ones, best since Popmart in my opinion. Doesn't mean it's great though, but I really like some performances (Paris I, Zagreb II come to mind). Don't think that one was "the best in years" at all.

And I don't think Bono is the only one to blame concerning that song. A new arrangement (bit like zootv) could inject some renewed energy into it, and that's what it needs.
  8. Thank you very much for the link
  9. This seems like a perfect opportunity to discuss what we might expect from Bono for the 360 tour.

It was a good mix - brilliant by adam, larry and edge - just not sure about Bono's vocal take on the song. He seems to be trying more than the 360 versions we have heard so far but his voice just is totally shot - which makes me worried about whether he is looking after his voice properly. It seems like no doubt before that performance he drank a load of alcohol and had a few smokes - which is obvious in his voice when you compare other performances of a similar nature.

For me this was one of the few last great WOWY performances I've heard in recent years:

Ok so he doesn't sing it like he used to in terms of the old school melody and is in no way perfect but listen to his vocal ability - it's pretty good especially on the chorus and you can hear a lot of range in there which hasn't been heard for many years. Obviously back then the 2006 vertigo concerts were a key turning point for Bono's voice as he unleashes a new vocal power but it seems to me that his voice is now declining. Sure, the start of the 360 tour had some great performances (UltraViolet and Moment of Surrender for example) but towards the end of the last leg his range and raw power in his voice has been thinning again; making me question whether he is looking after his voice much these days especially after this recent vocal performance.

Don't get me wrong I love Bono and his voice but I am really worried about whether his voice is going to carry on with the range and power from 2006 or decline and take us back to the days of 2002-2003 with his voice especially if he is hitting the smokes pretty hard again.

Anyway whatever the case I look forward to the 360 tour performances.
  10. Ah stop moaning he is nearly 50 years of age now ,course it aint going to sound like the joshua tree era,u2 have played thousands of concerts over the years it takes its toil after belting out songs for that length of time,bet you couldnt sing it half as good ,and yes u2 are better now than they ever were,in every department they are playing and singing the songs better than they ever did 6 million people will bear witness to that fact who will see the 360 tour ,never have they played to that many people so people stop moaning and disecting things so much,get out in the fresh air and live your life,a fitting tribute to Gerry Ryan RIP,and Bono is in top singing form.
  11. Huh? What?

I am not moaning and I don't see anyone else here doing that either - for me personally I am discussing the performance of WOWY and the state of Bono's vocal delivery.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with disecting things - you should know as a U2 fan yourself some of us get a little carried away - that's part of the fun and what makes it great being a fan of U2's music.

It wasn't my intention to sound rude or mean about Bono's voice - just discussing it really and showing a few concerns in a few areas.