1. Thank you, thank you. Already seen an improvement in my 2nd run, so hopefully by the end of next week, I'll be closer to being competitive with you.
  2. I doubt it My ca 4,5 km run in 19 min 15 sec was pretty brutal. Really pushed myself on that one. Was that run in school. Finished among the top and beat my time of 20:07 from last year

Had a bit of an easy one today, 4,3 km in 20 min Didn't feel like going all out since it wash't a competition.
  3. Back into the old running thing again. Running 5 mi (8km) twice a week at work and then doing a longer Sunday run which is currently just over 9 mi (15 km). I do try to extend my long run every Sunday, probably going to go for 10.5 mi (17km) this weekend. Also thinking about entering a half marathon again in June since I'll be sufficiently fit enough to have a decent crack at it this time.

My diet could still do with being addressed, however.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:Back into the old running thing again. Running 5 mi (8km) twice a week at work and then doing a longer Sunday run which is currently just over 9 mi (15 km). I do try to extend my long run every Sunday, probably going to go for 10.5 mi (17km) this weekend. Also thinking about entering a half marathon again in June since I'll be sufficiently fit enough to have a decent crack at it this time.

My diet could still do with being addressed, however.
    Since this is basically our thread, I feel I should come out of hibernation to say good job! I got some problems with shin splints last fall, so I've been mixing lighter running with some indoor cycling lately. I use Runkeeper to track my activities nowadays.
  5. Good to see you around, Olof. I'm using Nike+ now, it's a pretty simplistic app, but it does all I need. I've clocked up 110km this month, so I'm pretty determined to keep it going. Always helps when you find yourself going further, faster, and longer.
  6. So is this like the U2StartRunning thread? I'm training for a triathlon in September and I'm building my overall fitness on the bike doing mostly indoor spin exercises. I've always been a terrible runner, but was pleasantly surprised to find my run fitness improve as a side effect of hard cycling work.
  7. Originally posted by iTim:Good to see you around, Olof. I'm using Nike+ now, it's a pretty simplistic app, but it does all I need. I've clocked up 110km this month, so I'm pretty determined to keep it going. Always helps when you find yourself going further, faster, and longer.
    Well done! Watch out so you don't get shin splints like I though. Don't run thru the pain if you get it.
  8. I had my health screening today. Starting about 6 months ago I'm eating more healthy foods. No extreme diets or anything, just small changes, like changing to unsweetened tea, eating more grains, drinking fat-free milk, etc. It's not like I was living on the edge either.
    I got much better numbers this year, compared to last year. In sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides, BMI, etc. Not to brag, but I aced the test.
    So small changes can really make a difference. You don't have to starve to notice a difference.
  9. I'm thinking of starting to run again, I did it a few years ago, but I'm going to do it again!
  10. Nice work, César! Great news
  11. And you are also going to follow all JT 17 shows?
    Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash