1. Originally posted by iTim:A 50-mile run? Wow, kudos to you. I think 13.1 is the limit of my endurance! Just the thought of even doing a second lap (as it were) to make it to a marathon is too much. I have picked up the distance in recent months with getting quicker. Most of the runs are done at lunch with friends from work, so there’s only so much we can do in that hour. I’d like to get myself to some events in 2018, something else to work towards. I’ve been really enjoying it over the past few months now that the weather is cool again.

I know it sounds crazy but an ultra is in a lot of ways easier than a marathon. It's invariably off road, so automatically slower and an expectation of walking the hills. Lots of checkpoints with lots of food that are usually based at the bottom of said hills so eat on the walk up. Keep going, enjoy the scenery.
    Marathons are brutal, no two ways about it. Usually on road and an expectation from everyone, yourself included, that you will run every step and feel you've failed in some way if you don't. Not a fan. My road running stops, nowadays, at half marathon.
  2. By the way i don't feel offended.i don't Know you
  3. Im going to be more healthy in 2018, did my first workout today.
  4. I hike at least twice a week. I'm of the "why run when you can walk" mentality. Stop and smell the roses along the way.

Other than that I've the same training regimen for years. 12-ounce curls, at least twice a day.
  5. Half marathon coming up for me next weekend. Not really looking forward to it now that it's on the horizon. I should also mention that this is my first event since 2011, so it's a little out of my comfort zone.
  6. Just went to the gym for the first time in my life, felt great!
  7. If the gym has Tai Chi classes then pop into it and see how the benefits of soft movement before exercise will benefit you and your chosen workout path. Tai Chi alone will keep you fit.
  8. Getting ready for my 2nd yearly hiking trip to Death Valley. I go to the gym pretty much every day and do cardio for 30-45 minutes plus some weights. However, since it is getting closer I am now doing all stair-stepper exercises for the next two weeks!
  9. But yesterday when I was doing this:

I thought to myself: One more! You can do it!

But my left arm couldn't and the dumbell fell on my chest and now it hurts really bad when I'm breathing, so going to the doctor tomorrow..