1. To answer your question:

...as for during...NO !! as per the stadiums web site

Guest Information: Rice-Eccles Stadium
    http://www.stadium.utah.edu/guest_info/stadium/az.html

Alcohol
    Alcohol is not permitted in either RES or JMHC. Guests found with an alcoholic beverage will be ejected from the venue.

and check this out.... (this is getting silly)

Guest Behavioral Guidelines
    RES & JMHC and their contracted service partners are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable stadium /arena experience for all guests. To assist with this endeavor, guests are asked to abide by the following Behavioral Guidelines:

•Guests should not take any action that inhibits the progress of any game or event.
    •Guests should avoid clothing that could potentially distract other guests or diminish the ability of other guests to enjoy any game or event
    •Guests should avoid the use of foul or abusive language and refrain from making any obscene gestures
    •Guests should refrain form any display of affection inappropriate in a public setting
    In addition to the above guidelines, all guests are required to sit only in their ticketed locations and to present their ticket when requested. Additionally, only authorized individuals may enter the playing field and other restricted areas and guests must refrain from entering such areas without proper authorization.

bring your crosses boys!
    cheers
    sH22
  2. Cool photo's! Stand by my opinion that the stadium itself is butt ugly

3. Yep. Mountains may be nice but i'll throw in a Sergio esque comment and say that an ugly girl in a sexy bikini is still ugly.

4. Cool. So if some Bono Girl on the GA screams the usual "I love you, Bono", she'll be kicked out? Hope someone is filming.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

Yep. Mountains may be nice but i'll throw in a Sergio esque comment and say that an ugly girl in a sexy bikini is still ugly.

Yeah, but she's in a bikini....

6. bono probably better not take a girl out of the crowd for a dance...

7. Originally posted by germcevoy:Yep. Mountains may be nice but i'll throw in a Sergio esque comment and say that an ugly girl in a sexy bikini is still ugly.

Pseudo-quoting myself, I'll go slightly off-topic and say: if the girl is beautiful, I don't mind the horrible bikini.......... **add some filthy nakedness-related comment if you want to complete the sentence **

Nah, going on topic again: any word about when the stage will be set up and the rehearsals will begin? I think that, if they take less than 5-7 days to rehearse, we won't hear a big change in the overall show structure, so knowing when they start rehearsing might be useful to guess the possible changes
  8. Wow if that's 'only' a University-stadium, i'm quite impressed
    Ok, it IS ugly (no doubt) but it's huge ! Didn't know that college-football was SO important in the USA

Btw thanks for keeping us up-to-date !
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    ... any word about when the stage will be set up and the rehearsals will begin? I think that, if they take less than 5-7 days to rehearse, we won't hear a big change in the overall show structure, so knowing when they start rehearsing might be useful to guess the possible changes

Set up of the stage will begin tomorrow, Monday the 16th. That seems awfully early for a show that doesn't occur for another 17 days - which, I think, suggests that the band will do some rehearsing here. But I don't know when that would start. I'll try to keep everybody updated as I can gather information here on site.

And as a proud Utahn who likes a good drink, may I offer a generic rebuttal to all the lame negative comments about the State: Despite the antiquated and false rumors to the contrary, including those in this board, beer/alcohol in Utah is delicious and available to those who want it. If you are coming to SLC and want me to prove it to you, give me a call and I'll show you a good time at some of the local breweries. SLC showcases a respectful union between religion, outdoor recreation, education, film, and nightlife. If you are such a bigot as to allow the mormon culture to bother you, then you should stay out of Utah until you mature enough to live your life how you want to live it while allowing others to do the same. Nobody here gives a fuck how you live your life - it's quite refreshing. Cheers and bottoms up!

A few facts:
    1. Utah ski resorts are consistently ranked as the best in the world by reputable ski industry organizations. http://www.skiutah.com/winter/index.html
    2. Utah has more National Parks than any other State in the U.S. (even though Utah's geographic size is relatively small). http://www.utah.com/nationalparks/
    3. The Sundance Film Festival (arguably the most touted film festival in the world, along with Cannes) is a Utah product.
    4. Most people in the State are not Mormon

Come enjoy it with us, or stay the hell out Makes no difference to us!

SO LET US TURN THE TOPIC HERE TO U2 COMING TO SLC OR THE GREAT THINGS FOR THE FANS TO DO WHILE HERE and leave the bitching and negativity out.

10. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Wow if that's 'only' a University-stadium, i'm quite impressed
    Ok, it IS ugly (no doubt) but it's huge ! Didn't know that college-football was SO important in the USA

Btw thanks for keeping us up-to-date !

Thanks! We're looking forward to U2 rocking the shit out of this place!!!!