1. Everyone uses and has used Youtube and mySpace to discover new artists... Most of Spotify's users are there just because they don't want to pay for their music, which is something terrible. It's that feckin "all for free, thanks" mentality
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Everyone uses and has used Youtube and mySpace to discover new artists... Most of Spotify's users are there just because they don't want to pay for their music, which is something terrible. It's that feckin "all for free, thanks" mentality

Spotify Premium isn't free though And at least those with that mentality and free accounts get to hear a lot of annoying ads and can't enjoy the music as much. And the ads at least bring in some money to the music industry
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Everyone uses and has used Youtube and mySpace to discover new artists... Most of Spotify's users are there just because they don't want to pay for their music, which is something terrible. It's that feckin "all for free, thanks" mentality

+1

It's great that Spotify brought in that 10 hour a month listening limit & that you can only listen to a song a maximum of 5 times. It encourages people to buy music.
  4. I'm a paying user for a year now and I love it. Worth the 10 euros a month.
  5. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

Agree with you here, Sergio. I only use my iPod because its convenient; there's something about having a hard copy of the music I'm listening to; something tangible that I can say, "this is more than just music. these are more than just songs. this entire record is a complete, packaged, piece of art" that you don't get with digital music. Looking at an album cover while you listen to a song will never beat holding an album in my hand.

AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU, I'll never leave CD's, vinyls, or my iPod (which is primarily CD rips behind).
  6. Me neither but it's nice to have the choice of finding new music as well.
  7. Bumping this topic.

I'm thinking about downloading Spotify for 2 reasons:
    1) It can sync with my itunes and could possibly serve as an alternative to it (itunes is a known memory hog)
    2) It can sync with my Facebook, so everybody will know how much U2 I listen to

The first reason is the more relevant one. But in any case, is this a logical reason to switch from using itunes to spotify as my primary laptop media player?
  8. I use both. Spotify is great for discovering music and just listening to music I don't own in general. Haven't really tried to get everything in Spotify, but it's what I use the most.
  9. Originally posted by ahn1991:Bumping this topic.

I'm thinking about downloading Spotify for 2 reasons:
    1) It can sync with my itunes and could possibly serve as an alternative to it (itunes is a known memory hog)
    2) It can sync with my Facebook, so everybody will know how much U2 I listen to

The first reason is the more relevant one. But in any case, is this a logical reason to switch from using itunes to spotify as my primary laptop media player?

No. I found syncing my iTunes library with Spotify annoying. Some of the songs wouldn't play on Spotify and then some other songs wouldn't work. It makes your Spotify look messy too. Also, yes, it syncs to Facebook but that just leads to people questioning your music taste and then you end up in an argument why one band is better than the other. That happened to me at least.

I use Spotify but only to discover new music - whether it's new or old. It's a good idea but people just decide to pay the monthly fee rather than actually buy the album physically or digitally. I suppose that's better than using the free version only or illegally downloading. I rather people bought the album if they like it so much. People should pay for music. I trust you'll be buying your music as well as using Spotify

Just to let you know: the free version only allows you to listen to the same song five times and every three songs include adverts which last for around 30 seconds. So if you just want to discover new music, I'd go for the Unlimited version at £4.99 a month.
  10. Double post. ARGH.
  11. I never really considered spotify as a good resource to discovering new music in the first place. Personally, I find Pandora far more reliable in that department.

But I will say that it bothers me when people use Spotify as a "legal" way to illegally own music. I will personally always try to own at least a digital copy of the albums I listen to on a regular basis.